Curious about putting punch in my Mark

scotty96lsc

Registered
Ladies and Gentlemen. I was just wondering is it this chip I hear people talking about that puts the punch in the Mark? What I mean is when I step on my Mark I'd like it to take right off instead of hesitate for that split second. Other suggestions. Starting my Christmas list if you know what I mean.

RE: Curious about putting punch in my Mark

What you describe is hesitation. Here is a Ford TSB concerning such hesitation(from AllData):

"Engine - Lean Driveability Symptoms
Article No.
98-23-10

11/23/98

MASS AIR FLOW (MAF) - SENSOR
CONTAMINATION - SERVICE TIP"

...fairly long TSB descibing the effects of a contaminated MAF and subsequent service procedures. It will cause hesitation.

If you don't have access to TSBs, PM or email me and I'll gladly email it to you if you would like.

People have speculated the 2nd gens have a little less go on the low end torque then the 1st gens. So if you are comparing it to your old car that me be the difference.
Bit if you problem is not the mass air wires, then a chip does help with a bit better throttle response and sharper shifting. You also may want to try the colder coper plugs, you may get a bit better throttle response.

When was the fuel filter and air filter replaced last?

New plugs and fuel filter for sure. I have a chip, MAF and the icebox. I think all are worth the money. It's really pretty inexpensive for all of this and I like the look.

Check MyCar for my engine.

I've just gotten used to hitting the gas on the second yellow. ;-)

Hi Scott,

We need to grab a cup of coffee one day. I've got the same air intake setup that Norm has that you can check out, as well as info on chips. They're really easy to put in and well worth the money.

Catch you later sir.

Lee

Lee
You are right. Now that it is lighter out should make that easier to do.

Boy all this sounds good. Where can I get one of those there mass air flow things? I just refinanced my house and have some extra cash laying around. An I sure don't want to pay bills with it.

Scotty, Do you still have my phone number? Never mind I'll PM it to you. We need to talk. I need to pass on some information so you don't make the same mistakes that I did.

Back