Remote mount oil filter kit.

deadbugdug

Registered
Whelp, just got my dual remote oil filter relocation kit in the mail. I still need to climb under the car to look over installation (yes, I WILL find a place to mount it!),but first, 2 questions:

1) Who has already done this, and where did you hang the adapter? (Ok, that technically was 2 questions already. Give me a break.)

2) When I do this job, do any of you want to see photos of my madness?

I'm patiently waiting for my next oil change to do this, but I might not be able to wait.

P.S.

Anybody got a cutting torch I can borrow???

RE: Remote mount oil filter kit.

Photos are a must! With the loss of most of our technical archives, we must make all new ones. Showing us how to install the kit would be a great asset to others, and the club.

I did it on one of my other cars, it worked out pretty slick. I mounted mine right to the firewall, but I dont think there will be enough room in the mark to do that.

QUOTE:
"I did it on one of my other cars, it worked out pretty slick. I mounted mine right to the firewall, but I dont think there will be enough room in the mark to do that."

Oh, no. No firewall room. I have an idea or 2 already, but I need to take a closer look at the feasability.

Quote:
"Photos are a must! With the loss of most of our technical archives, we must make all new ones. Showing us how to install the kit would be a great asset to others, and the club."

Ok, DJ, photos it is. If somebody could provide some expertise on how to do the photos for the archives, I'd greatly appreciate it. Just give me a few weeks to study and actually do the project.

I mounted my battery sideways (optima red top) then put my dual filter on the drivers side fender wall. I have pics of it somewhere, along with the other 500 photo's I took of my engine installation. Anyone want all these pics for the site?

Oh, yes, Ponyfreak, pictures are a good thing. If we have the room on this site, your pictures would be invaluable for future projects!

(My car just tune over 185,000 miles. How long before you think I'll need to swap motors??? Pics would help me out.)

Back