Max mph....

VladN02

Registered
whats the max rwhp the mark stock can handle also whats the top speed for the tranny+rear end.... on this beut

RE: Max mph....

well, the mark has about 210-230 rwhp stock. As far as mph, the car is governed at about 135 i believe. If you get it tuned, it should run about 160 with a long enough (real, real long) run up.

He was not asking how fast it will go. He wants to know what it will handle.

That depends on who's chasing you and wether or not you want to be caught. Also a 9% down grade could boost the #'s a bit.

I don't think there are many places you have a 9% downgrade for a long enough time to bury the needle. Or maybe it's just where Im from.

I have only seen a couple 9% grades. A couple in WY and a couple in CO. All of them had a lot of curves in them though. But to anwser your question the mark VIII can only go 155 with jsut hte speed limiter taken off. A chip burned by Jerry W, is supposed to take the tranny limiter off.

well, the mark has about 210-230 rwhp stock. As far as mph, the car is governed at about 135 i believe. If you get it tuned, it should run about 160 with a long enough (real, real long) run up.

Not long after I got my 1994 Mk8 (bone stock), I found a great stretch of road and stuck it to the floor. Sailed right up to 120 MPH, and had a bear of a time getting it to 125 before I had to air off of it. "How strange" I thought, until I remembered the governor, apparently kicking in @ 120 mph......at least on a '94 model.

As far as what it's capable of, who can point us in the direction of that article where the Mk8 holds the land speed record for factory cars?

I took mine up to 130 mph once. Found an open stretch of straight level road. I did not have my foot buried in the floor either. Had to back off before upcoming curves, so dont know where I coulda taken it too.

13X here too. On the way to Miami I-75, there is a stright "no man's Land" for about 40Miles or so. NO COPS, no one. kept going 130-134MPH for around 10 minutes. AFTER I GOT MY ZR TIRES.

whats this 9% downgrade stuff you guys keep talking about?

Ok, I'll take pity.....

It's driving down a hill that has a slope of 9 degrees.

It may be a bigger slope than you realize, so if you ever try it, make sure your brakes are up to snuff, or else it's gonna leave a mark (no pun intended) (ok, maybe a little pun)

13X here too. On the way to Miami I-75, there is a stright "no man's Land" for about 40Miles or so. NO COPS, no one. kept going 130-134MPH for around 10 minutes. AFTER I GOT MY ZR TIRES.

....did you have the chip reprogrammed, or is that a feature of the Gen2's? Like I said, I'm sure I hit my limiter @ 120.

....did you have the chip reprogrammed, or is that a feature of the Gen2's? Like I said, I'm sure I hit my limiter @ 120.

Nope, all stock. I thought it hit my limiter at 120 too, just throw it out of over drive and it will get to 130 faster then in overdrive.

u talking about 441? its right off of 75 and its a wonderland. Bigbill has told me some crazy stories about some stuff that goes on on this road. i have yet to get my mark on it but i topped out my integra a few years ago.

whats this 9% downgrade stuff you guys keep talking about?

It is the rise over the run. A 9% grade means you climb/descend 9 vertical feet for every 100 ft you travel horizontally. 9 / 100 = 0.09 = 9%

To get degrees you take the arc-tangent of the percentage:

arctan(9 / 100) = 5.1 degrees

u talking about 441? its right off of 75 and its a wonderland. Bigbill has told me some crazy stories about some stuff that goes on on this road. i have yet to get my mark on it but i topped out my integra a few years ago.

I think thats the place... not sure of the exact "441" name, but i know it by location.

136 many times. That's where it's limited. It will hold it up and down mild hills.

Coming down the pass into Vegas from LA is a pretty good little run. Easy to get into the limiter in any vehicle.

'93 MonsterMark Project Car
Bryan

Back