new chip for 900 CFM Megameter Mass air?

outside18

Registered
i was wondering since the megameter kit is a larger MAF if i will need a chip to go along with it to balance everything out? im defintitely getting a chip but wanted to do all the mods i have planned first. thanks.

RE: new chip for 900 CFM Megameter Mass air?

You would probably get better performance if you do. Depending on what modifications you have planned, you may want to get your chip first. IMO, for the money spent, you'll notice the most improvement from the chip.

i dont have anything drastic planned really, some underdrive pullies, the megameter kit, an exhaust most likely from geno and thats about it really. maybe gears next summer.....but doesnt a chip need to be tailored to that? the mods i mean?

I bought the MAF first and then the chip. Either way is fine.

I got my LMS chip 1st,
then the megaflow, then 4:10s.
Geno told me that the chip did not need to be reburned for these mods.
The car runs great !!!!

If I had it to do over again I would get the chip first.

i dont have anything drastic planned really, some underdrive pullies, the megameter kit, an exhaust most likely from geno and thats about it really. maybe gears next summer.....but doesnt a chip need to be tailored to that? the mods i mean?
If you were going for drastic mods, such as nitrous or a turbo, ect. you would want to formulate the chip to that. But you can get a really big boost in performance with the chip alone. Also you might want to look at the cost:benefit ratio of the underdrive pullies before you spend your cash.

Is there any advantage to underdrive pulleys ?

My car runs hotter and I replaced my alternator about 7500 miles after the pullies. Not sure if the alternator is related or not, but the car definitely runs hotter with the pullies than it did before. Didn't notce that much of a difference in performance either.

My car runs hotter and I replaced my alternator about 7500 miles after the pullies. Not sure if the alternator is related or not, but the car definitely runs hotter with the pullies than it did before. Didn't notce that much of a difference in performance either.

Thats why we ONLY use and have been for over two years now the ASP balancer/pulley.

This is the one that really make the bigger power anyway, without sacrificing your temp or alternators lifespan. (Yes the alternator was due to the pulleys)

so with the mods that i listed above, i wont have to have a chip reburnt to any of those mods? so i should get a chip first, then do all that stuff? no reburn?

Back