JMOD or Shift Kit?

outside18

Registered
just wondering what everyone thinks of the JMOD? would you guys do it? if not, is a shift kit the way to go? i thought shift kits increased the line pressure which would end up destroying the transmission? my friends in their Tbirds want to do the jmod but im not so sure. any experiences would help. thanks.

RE: JMOD or Shift Kit?

I just had my tranny rebuilt to Jerry spec's,with a line pressure switch (to increase or decrease line pressure).
Now I lay rubber in 2nd insted of just a churp.
The car shifts harder under normal driving though,even with the pressure switch on off.

did you leave the accumulator springs out? ive heard that it makes the shifts the firmest possible....would i be better off with the mod or say a BM shift kit?

I've performed the Jmod and love the way it shifts. I would recomend it to anyone wanting to firm things up a bit. If you want insane hard shifts, do the J-mod and get a chip. I don't have any experience with the shift kits out on the market today.

With hard shifts (which is cool), do we have to worry about destroying U-joints and such (which isn't so cool)?

I'd like to do something with my tranny "just because." Who can point me in the right direction on this JMOD, because I'm not familiar with it (go ahead, make fun of me!)

Thanks............

Back