high speed noise/vibration

angeno

Registered
hi all!

i just bought a beautiful 1997 m8 with 76K on the odometer. the car runs okay until i get it above about 60 mph and then a humm or whine starts coming up through the floor boards (i assume from somewhere in the driveline). in 1997 i had the good fortunate to lease one of these brand new so i know this is not normal. i've been told that maybe the driveshaft is out of balance. (?) any other thoughts from you guys would surely be appreciated.

signed,

geno m.

p.s.

great forum! i'm pleased to see that such a thing exists online.
:)

RE: high speed noise/vibration

If I type fast enough I finally get to be first to welcome someone.

So welcome. Glad to see you here. You're absolutely going to love this site. You;ll learn a lot about your car, save a bunch of money while being able to find every thing you need.

You're right about the drive shaft, it's a common problem. I checked your profile and find that you're in luck. You live in the part of the country where the availability of knowledgable people is good. I'll be sending you an email with my personal opinions.

Lincoln's of Distinction is the club that makes this site available. It will be well worth the cheap membership fee to strongly consider joining, there is also a NE Chapter. You'll save that many times over.

The drive shaft is a common problem. The best thing to do is have a metal matrix one installed. I got mine from Denny's drive shaft. There are also other places you can get one from.

Hi Geno! Welcome aboard! Dis is Dee place for Mark VIII's as well as a host of other fine cars..........:+

Back