Lost all power - new member question

Alexander

Well-known
Paid Member
A new member Jim Horn from Pennsylvania signed up. He has limited access to the Internet. He would like someone knowlegable to phone him with the answer to his question. Preferably call him after 9PM or on weekends, and he will call you back, so you won't need to run up a phone bill.

These are his problems:

My 1993 Mark VIII was running good until one day it lost all power right before a light. It was barely get off to the side of the road. While it was barely idling, which is all it could do before it died. There was pressure at the tialpipe. Could one converter be blocked up at 160,000 miles? Fuel pressure is okay. Its firing actron computer tester says system passed. Dash computer reading would once in a while give a crazy reading. Could it be the computer, a sensor somewhere or ...?

I also have a question on the air ride suspension. Intermittently, the front end of the car would come down after parking the car a few days. It does not always happen and both front corners come down the same amount. Is there a leak? Where?

Jim Horn
724 433-2416

Alexander
President
Lincolns of Distinction

RE: Lost all power - new member question

This::: "Dash computer reading would once in awhile give a crazy reading" Sounds like a bad alternator to me which will cause all kinds of problems check the voltage at the battery with car off and running at idle

RE: Lost all power - new member question

The alternator is the first thing that springs to mind, because of the crazy reading thing, but when mine went it took awhile for the car to actually have trouble running. I think a charging system test is in order.

Back