Aftermarket Shifter

RE: Aftermarket Shifter

I haven't.

But when I was researching this a few years back the only real nearly bolt in one was that HIDEOUS B&M Hammer shifter.

I wanted to put a Hurst 1/4 stick in my Mark but when it was placed in park the shifters release handle would hit the dash face, right at the tc button area.

The 1/4 stick could have been made to fit but at that time I didn't feel like spending a day or two on it so I abondoned the project.

If you do this you have to remember to get a NOS buttoned shifter knob to operate the O/D function.

Hey Geno,

Thanks for the info. If it's not easy I'm not going to do it. Plus I want it to work well too. I was going for my usual launch yesterday against a young lad in an Accord, went to bump it from first gear to second, and with a little to much adrenalin flowing, I bumped it all the way to neutral at WOT. x( x( x( Not a good move.

Where have you been man haven't heard from you in a while? Hope you're well and the world is being good to you. :)

Lee

I didn't think you can put your car in neutral unless you press the button. at least on mine you can't.

NP Lee. I am fine. I am just beyond busy. This has been our busiest spring ever!!!!

I know work for NHRA. (new job) So that has been KILLING ME!!!too!

Im also working on the rest of the website and our new logo. Im getting shirts and decals made etc. Just busy, busy, busy!!!

Dennis, sometimes the n/r lockout breaks and it will freely go past drive or Lee was just too anxious to fry some rice and held the button in past drive?

Glad to hear you're OK, sorry about the busy part, gotta pay those bills right. I don't really remember even releasing the button after shifting into first, but I do know it went to neutral. It would be great if it were able to convert to a paddle shift.

Take care my friend. I want one of the shirts in XXL when they're done.

Lee

Back