lucas tranny oil works

Greenemachine

Registered
I put a bottle in today and I noticed a big difference. I just wanted to try it, I had no known tranny problems. only cost about 8 dollars, I'd say anyone who wants to have their tranny run smoother buy a bottle.

RE: lucas tranny oil works

The only problem is that if I put it in myself, then I will convince myself that there's a big difference just to justify the trip to AutoZone and buying it. And if I asked someone to put it for me, then it would be the same problem. I guess there’s not way if to find out for sure if it makes a REAL difference or not.

well it does, and if you don't want to spend 8 bucks to find out, then thats up to you. I can care less who tries it and who doesn't. I'm just saying it works. do what you wish

The only problem is that if I put it in myself, then I will convince myself that there's a big difference just to justify the trip to AutoZone and buying it. And if I asked someone to put it for me, then it would be the same problem. I guess there’s not way if to find out for sure if it makes a REAL difference or not.
[/quote]

well when I pressed on the gas, I'd have a bit of a delay with my car downshifting then going.. now the delay is so much shorter and I gain speed much quicker. It firms up the shifts, even more so with my chip. I'd say that makes a "REAL" difference to me, what about you huh??

I put that stuff in my T-bird about two years ago when I was getting ready to buy a second transmission. A Mechanic suggested I use it, so I did. The sucker is still working two years later so I decided not to bother it until it breaks. As for using it in a transmission that already functions like it should, I'm not sure? After using it, I tend to think of it as a band aid. Due to the fact that I actually service my tranny in my Mark every 20k, I see no need for the lucas treatment in that car. Just my .02

still working after 2 years? thats 1 hell of a band aid. seriouslly the stuff works. I'm going to keep using it. I just wanted to tell others of the product. I used it and I had no known tranny problems, and it made mine run smoother.

what about the lucas oil treatment? anyone know about that stuff?

This is a quote from the Lucas Oil web site

"Lucas Oil Stabilizer is a 100% petroleum product formulated to eliminate dry starts and reduce friction, heat and wear. It allows motor oils a higher degree of lubricity which reduces oil consumption and operating temperatures. Use Lucas Oil Stabilizer in gear oil to stop leaks, reduce operating temperatures and increase the life of the gear oil. Since it is pure petroleum, it can safely blend with all other automotive lubricants, even synthetics, ATF and mineral oil. It keeps old engines alive and new engines new."

Hmm.. I think snake oil does the same thing.

This is a different related product quote.

"Lucas Transmission Fix stops slip, hesitation and rough shifting in worn transmissions and completely eliminates most seal leaks. An excellent preventative maintenance product. Use also in light duty manual transmissions to increase shifting ease and transmission life."

I haven't tried either product and hope I don't get into a position where I have to consider it.

well it does, and if you don't want to spend 8 bucks to find out, then thats up to you. I can care less who tries it and who doesn't. I'm just saying it works. do what you wish

That’s not the point, you miss understood me there friend. It’s not about the 8bucs. I believe you completely about your description, all I’m saying is (which is the same way with most MINOR Mods) is that I would try to tell myself that it made a big difference. I’m not saying your lying or anything, don’t take it the wrong way, I believe you, and Thank you for the advice, I was aiming at something different. I think I need to try it anyhow.

Back