Underdrive pulleys

RE: Underdrive pulleys

crank pulley only. you won't have any charging problems and the crank pulley is where you gain the largest hp increase. I went with asp and it's been good so far.

When I called ASP they wanted $150 for just that one pulley....ouch

Is there any place to get it cheaper?

a complete set i sell is only 180. you mite want to consider buying a set and sell the rest.

Has anyone really experienced catastrophic problems with using all 3? Sure, the crank only will give you the most, but the other 2 would have to be good for something more of an increase. I was just wondering where the point of diminishing returns is.

I have heard stories of alternator failure when using certain set-ups.

DICLAIMER: I have no experience with these and this is only word of mouth...

Not sure if its coincidental or not, but my alternator failed after using the pullies for about 9 months. The car had 70k on it when the alternator went. I also experienced higher operating temps. When I install the blower, the unit will not clear the larger water pump pulley and will require changing the belt size to an as yet undetermined size, so I will be going with the stock pulley setup when it is installed.

Not sure if its coincidental or not, but my alternator failed after using the pullies for about 9 months. The car had 70k on it when the alternator went. I also experienced higher operating temps. When I install the blower, the unit will not clear the larger water pump pulley and will require changing the belt size to an as yet undetermined size, so I will be going with the stock pulley setup when it is installed.

What year is your Mark? Its not listed in your profile and its not in your signature. I might be interested in buying your underdrive set.

they just break on there own. there is no way to connect them to gether like that. i have had a lot of alternators die on me and none of them had pulleys on them.

Back