lms maf question and 02 codes(geno)

Greenemachine

Registered
hey geno this one is mainly for you. a while back I recall you telling me on the phone that on the hwy the lms mass air kit will sometimes make the car run lean. I'm not sure exactally what ya meant, I may have things mixed up but I'm pretty sure you said that. anyways I'm getting 02 codes mainly 176 and 177. the thing is 1 code says system is or was lean left or front-fuel control and the 2nd code says system was rich left or front- fuel control. you're probally going to say change your 02's, the catch is I have changed both of them a few months back, probally around 5 thousand miles ago. So what gives? could the new 02's be shot, I'd really hate to change them again but I don't see how they could have with so few miles on them.

RE: lms maf question and 02 codes(geno)

car has been tuned up on a reg basis. all new parts like plugs, wires, filters, not crappy gas, etc...

I have them same LMS Airmass that you have, but I've never thrown any codes at all. Now I'll be paranoid--no wait, maybe I am already.

I said that if your fuel delvery was down (pump output below normal) that you may get a mild lean condition under certain highway conditions.

How is your pump?

If its good then without having the car here to really go over it that would be a hard diagnosis.

We have sold hundreds of these without problems.

Like I said the only time I ever saw a c/e light from the maf was on high mileage cars with original weak fuel pump output.
I always urge everyone who has ever talked to me to check their fuel pressure under a load before selling them anything simply because this cars performance is so dependant on the fuel pressure and volume.

I know you have a new pump which is more then enough which is good, but have you checked the pressure under a load or going down the highway just to see where its at?

1) Remove maf and go back to stock to see if this eliminated the c/e light.

If that doesnt work then move on to:

2) Remove chip next and try it.

Also, vaccume leaks can cause lean conditions amongst other things. When did this start. What did you do last right before this started?

Back