Throttle Body Info

Ponyfreak

Registered
DO NOT EVER MODIFY YOUR STOCK THROTTLE BODY!! Take my word for it. I do not care how smooth you think you are, do not modify it at all or you will be in bad shape if you do not have an extra one around.

RE: Throttle Body Info

The AIC is a lot more sensative than I thought, and cannot compensate for much of anything. Live and learn, do not try this mod at home. Luckily I had about 3 Gen 1 Throttle bodies laying around.

Plus the alluminum Ford uses on them is very odd.I tried to weld a bead around my FFRP throttle body cause I kept blowing the silcone boots off when the boost kicked in.Well to put it mildly I walked away from the welding table with a chewed up piece of alluminum that took a lot of work to fix.

Yea it is very brittle stuff as well. Never try to pry on them either. They are made out of some cheap looking cast trash alum...

We learn something new every day. One of the reasons I check in here at least daily.

This is why I park the offical LOD Black Ops camera van across from Joe's place. Besides it being a 'laff riot', it is instructional. Film at 11.

Back