Cutting existing airbox vs LMS ICEBOX

jayhawk

Registered
Got my MAF today, and at the same time I got the LOD newsletter. In the newsletter there was the article showing how do cut the existing stock airbox to fix the MAF and conical airfilter.

My question to all of you is the following.

Which one would be better overall ? I have a Gen 2 car, and can get a sock airbox to modify for the new MAF. Or order a ICEBOX from Geno.

Any thoughts ? Thanks to everyone in advance.

RE: Cutting existing airbox vs LMS ICEBOX

The icebox would most likely keep the air cooler than the stock plastic airbox. By how much I'm not too sure if there is a huge difference because I never measured.

I read that article in the newsletter, but I didn't understand how to modify the MAF unit. I have also been thinking about the MAF "icebox" from Geno. I'd like to save the money, but with Geno's kit I wouldn't have to mess with the cutting and all that. Hmmm. Which way to go?

You don't modify the MAF unit, you are using the the new MAF with filter (from LMS or others) and modifying the airbox.

As far as which to use, Geno's ice box or the modified stock unit, It is a matter of personal taste. If you want to keep a totally stock look and still keep some hot and turbulent air from the engine then use my modificatin. If you want a more sealed unit and don't care if it looks stock or not then you would use Geno's.

[link:www.leocerruti.com/stealthmaf|By the way, the same article appears here]

Yes, I have seen it on your site before. Being a visual person, it is great !

Let me personally thank you for everyone else for taking the time to document the process. It is really a great presentation. Thanks for taking the time to do it !

Reminds me when I first came to the board(s). Air ride out, didnt know what to do ( not pay the Lincoln dealer 2400 was not an option). Did some searching and found the message boards and LOD ( 2-3 years ago). Everyone helps so much , it is really nice to see.

So thanks to you , I want to make sure that your extra work and sharing of information doesnt go unnoticed. That is for all of you guys and gals that have put a lot of time into sharing information, mistakes findings, pictures of things to make our cars better !

Anyhow, Ill get off my soapbox.

Back