Oil Filter Location (not bad at all)

maxmk8

Registered
I've heard a lot of nagging about the oil filter location on the mark. All i have to say is it might not be the easiest one. But 3 out of the 5 cars that i've had the oil changed on had a MUCH tougher access to the filter!! took me all of 45 sec to remove the one from the mark :)!

RE: Oil Filter Location (not bad at all)

You must have some type of women-size hands/arms and some luck.
Good one :)
That is one PITA to me and I don't have the biggest hands.
The first time I changed the oil it was pretty easy but the second I could barely get the filter out. It never got any easier to me.
Last time I had a shop 1 mile away do the oil and they overfilled by about 3/4 quart.
I guess I"ll go back to it "do it myself" and do it right.
Sucks though, I only had to pay 10 bucks(labor) for the change and got Amsoil syn. with it.

you guys should see the location of the filter on a 2000 Windstar and a 93 mazda 626 as well as a 83 Celica ( that one took me 20min) mark was a breeze.

took me all of 45 sec to remove the one from the mark :)!

....even after the oil bath you took just unscrewing the filter??? I must be a wuus. I fixed my oil change problem -- I put in a dual remote oil filter system! I still need to develope the pics (and I hope they turn out) so I can post them!

took me all of 45 sec to remove the one from the mark :)!

....even after the oil bath you took just unscrewing the filter??? I must be a wuus. I fixed my oil change problem -- I put in a dual remote oil filter system! I still need to develope the pics (and I hope they turn out) so I can post them!

yep i let it drain for about 20 sec... then it took another 25 sec to take it out :)!

It's such a mess when I get it off, I can't hold on to it long enough to juggle it through the power steering hose jungle to get it done that fast. Then my car drips for 3 days from residue on the crossmember. Last time I removed it, I did take a piece of cardboard and used it as a funnel to route the flow into a drain pan (a tip from this web site, thank you very much to whomever come up with that idea!).

Back