Expensive oil change.

maxmk8

Registered
just changed the oil in my mark over to Mobil 1. And added a tough guard filter.

5 quart case of mobil 1 19.09
1 additional quart of mobil 1 4.72
1 TG filter 4.50

all in all about 30$(tax incl) for just parts.

That's very expensive concidering it costs me about 8$ (6$ oil and 2$ filter) to change it out my 93 cougar!

RE: Expensive oil change.

Man, I love the shop I bring my car too.

Last oil & filter change last week...Mobil 1, Fram filter, all fluids topped off and a 20 point checklist for $38.95!!!

Might have been somewhat of a good deal because I have all my work done there, but I heard from many of their customers that they are very reasonable...and the best is, I trust them and know they do exactly what I tell them, and they do it right.

Marcus.

that sounds great and all for 38.95$??? only 9$ for labor that's crazy! my dealer charges me 40$ for a regular (no fancy oil or filter) oil change.

I've never noticed any 5 quart cases of mobil 1 around here. Where do you go for that?

Check the prices for Mobil 1 at the Target stores in your area. The stuff is just under $5 a quart at every place I have checked in my area (Raleigh, NC) but Target's everyday price for at least the past year is $3.99 per quart but is still does not beat the deal you mentioned on the 5 quart case.

i got that from Walmart :)! i love getting car stuff from there its usually 30% cheaper than Napa/Autozone/Specialized car stores.

I would suggest you use the motorcraft filter next time they sell them at walmart in maryland should have them in your area also....

Marcus,
Of course, as humans, we all think differently, and as a result, have different opinions. Below are a couple of mine:
1. I'm an old Valvoline user. Been using it since 1958. Had two
1955 Ford stock cars with 312 Y-Block's that were ran to death,
but never had one blow up on me. Still use it in all of my
rig's, and have never had an oil related problem.
2. An extensive investigation/report on oil filters was on a site
on the Internet. If I can find it again, I'll post the URL on
this thread. FRAM filter's were listed (with proof) as being
the worst on the market (At the Walmart where I live, that's
about the only brand that they handle). WIX had an excellent
rating.

Y'all have a great day! :)

VALVOLINE!!! VALVOLINE!!!

Used it since I started driving. No blown engines yet! And I sure beat the hell out of those Crown Vics, 5.0 and 4.6.

I'm a fan myself.

And Fram, ick.

Back