Nothing outperforms mobil 1??

RE: Nothing outperforms mobil 1??

I got Amsoil trans and rear end fluid, people say it is top of the line.

I would love to see a Blackstone report from someone here after 25K miles with Amsoil in. I have an 8K sample of mobil 1 I am expecting a report on in a couple days.

i would never drive a car with the same oil up to 25k miles... but it looks like you could easily get about 8k oil change intervals.

I ran the 30k oil in my Beretta with the dual filter set up. Change the filters every 15,000 and the oil every 30,000. I beat on that car too, and the oil was still pretty clean when I changed it a year later. Granted I had the motor flushed first. Im going to go with their 10,000 mile stuff next time around, also with dual filters on the mark.

Im going to go with their 10,000 mile stuff next time around, also with dual filters on the mark.

Do you have dual filters on your Mark yet? I just did mine, and I want to see if anybody takes a different route than I did (I know Ponyfreak removed / relocated his battery and / or coolant overflow tank.....mine went on the back side of my bumper).

I want to do a dual battery set up for my stereo and I was considering putting both of them in the trunk, leaving enough room to make the dual filter set up easily accessible. As it stands right now, it is a good 3 or 4 months off though. If you have pics of your instal, id love to see it.

where can you find Amsoil and the filter relocate kit, the Mark is a great car but that filter leaves little to be desired. and i would be interested in hearing about the lab results on the Mobil left in for 8k.

Can't speak for where to get the Amsoil filter, but the filter relocation kit can be had from Summit or Jeg's. I'm sure there are other places to buy it. If you're not too concerned about "bragging rights," I'd recommend the single filter rather than the dual, just because room is tight and the single can be easier fit, and maybe even fit in more locations than the dual.

Geez, I really need to get my pics developed, don't I???

where can you find Amsoil and the filter relocate kit[/quote]

I sell Amsoil products at my hardware store harware and I can get just about anything you need. Im sure there is some place closer to texas that you can get it from, cause im in NH. But let me know if you need anything, prices, info etc. and next time the rep is in i'll see what we can do. I could probably even have them shipped directly to you.

EDIT: You MUST use amsoil filters when running amsoil products to get the longevity out of it.

I have a 97 W/79K - I did a Blackstone report at 40K
(6000 miles on Mobil 1), and am awaiting my new report back (8000 on Mobil 1) When I get the report back in a couple days I'll post both so we can see how it held up 6K -vs- 8K.

I am an independent Amsoil dealer. I've only had the dealership for a few months, but I've used the products in a variety of vehicles and other motor powered things such as lawn mowers, weed eaters, chain saws, etc. for about 30 yrs.

As I said, I,ve not had a dealership for very long, and am waing for further word from Kale as to cost of an ad before posting one on this site.

But I do have an ad on the old site under vendors' advertisements. You can read the ad,e-mail me, I'll mail you a full color catalog free, and you can order by toll-free call direct to Amsoil and charge to your credit card, and they will deliver from one of several distribuition centers around the country.

Amsoil was the world's first synthetic automotive oil and carries what is the finest, most comprehensive line of synthetic lubricants available.

Dave - thanks for reminding me. I got your catalog and will be trying the Amsoil after always using Mobil 1. I've seen a number of independent reports that have the Amsoil rated a little higher, (incl. actual specs), so I'm going to check it out. Also, the well known tranny man has stated in the past that Amsoil was the best. I've just been so busy it was out of mind for a while...

John
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

Sounds good John, I've got 0W-30 in my MK8, doing great, my son has 5W-30 in his F-150 w/5.4, and we both have no problems with the extended oil changes.

I also have Amsoil ATF in my MK8 trans, it stopped the most persisent case of TC clutch shudder I have ever encountered.

My 2003 Chev Silverado Duramax diesel is going on the dual remote filters from Amsoil, 1 full flow, the other bypass {for particulates as small as 1 micron}.

I've just posted an ad on this site, when moderators approve it, it will be posted om vendor's site.

As a final note, those interested in oil analysis reports can find a link to a flock of them on Ford Powerstroke Diesels on the old site, driveline, post about extended drain intervals.

I would post it here, but I don't have enough computer savvy to do so, if someone does will do so it would be great. Maybe someday I'll have time to get a little schooling on these dag-nab new fangled thingamabobs!

Back