? BOUT RUNNING LEAN

LINCOLNBOY

Registered
I am not sure of the code but. the read of the code was bank 2 runnig lean (02 sensor) . i had a chip put in along w/ a 80mm lamf. changed the plug and wire, fuel filter, thermostat. car feel hotter even after changing the thermostat. after installing the chip my pass. side cat sounding loud. so i figured it was clogged, so i took it to a shop and gutted my cats and sound was gone and came back the next day(sounded louder this time) so, check engine light is still on. i had the guys fool the eec to think the 02 are still being read. (when i first got the chip the ce light came on so i had them do the 02 program ce light went away) i read a old post bout a guy had the same thing going on running hotter and lean and was some kind of soleniod was bad. what other thing could make the car run lean?
thanks

RE: ? BOUT RUNNING LEAN

The chip and the MAF can cause it to run lean, depending on how it was done. You may also have a bad O2 sensor. What do you mean by "hotter"? Is the temp gauge reading higher, or does the car feel more powerful?

the gauge read between the r & o. also i forgot to mention is that is also switched back to the stock maf and the ce light is still on. i mentioned that my comp. is being fooled w/ the o2 sensosr, so i does not matter if they are bad. but also, thinking that it might bethe o2's i changed the back two and my gas milage went up(not on the odometer but in the display center. my gas milage has stayed at 330 miles on a full tank of gas. but the display center says i am getting more mpg and before it said i was getting 15-16 not it says im getting 19-20. wahts gets. i am going to stoped by the shop if i have time.

My daughter's Cougar threw a running lean error code last week-end. I had over-oiled the K&N filter. I remove the filter, oiled it right and the clean the MAS and the element. So far, worked ok. No more codes.

Boy, I wish HOTLNC was OBDII.

Back