Ring & Pinion Question

RE: Ring & Pinion Question

Norm, you getting serious with this stuff (LOL) ;). Save a little of that money and time and come to Carlisle next year. Bring Neal, he'd love it, my son did.

If you install this yourself and it doesn't whine like an ex-wife, give me a call and I'll come to your house so you can install a set for me too. :)

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02/03
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself....

I picked up the advanced installation kit by Ratech. Part number 3008k, it was $119 at Summit.

Ford Racing Performance Parts

M-4001-M373
3:73 gears, 28 spline Trac-Lok
List $700 but you can get it for $600.

To anwser your question, this is the part number that you need on that website:

V8 8.8 gears Installation kit M-4210-B

YOu need the instalation kit becuase:
Any man with half a brain does not stick anything togeather without putting new bearings in it. You need a new crush sleeve. YOu need those shims to shim up your locking diff. The reasong you need the B and not the C is becuase those seals and bearings that they add in the C are not for the IRS. Those seals are what keep the oil from comming out the halfshaft holes, and the bearings are what they ride on. I have always had to get these from the ford house. I have a set on order @ 5 star that should be here anyday. THey cost an additional 40$. Depending on how many miles your car has on it, depends on if you HAVE to have them or not. But liek i said, when I have it apart I replace all those little bearings. Might as well do it right the first time.

when i went to 4.10's we had to do all new bearings and etc. a mustang shop did it parts where on hand, cost an extra 43 bucks

Thanks guys, wish me luck.

Bill: Go ahead and make plans for coming over.

Back