help.CODES 401+430

LINCOLNBOY

Registered
401 (EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION flow insufficient detected
430 ( catalyst system efficiency below threshold(bank2) )
any one know waht this mean. there were two more but dont remember them i would like the get this taken care of before taken it tho the shop and wasting money there. that might be a reason why my pass. side cat is making a loud sound.
thanks

RE: help.CODES 401+430

It has to be a leak in the exhaust somewhere. My guess would be in the EGR system somewhere.

401 (EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION flow insufficient detected
430 ( catalyst system efficiency below threshold(bank2) )
any one know waht this mean. there were two more but dont remember them i would like the get this taken care of before taken it tho the shop and wasting money there. that might be a reason why my pass. side cat is making a loud sound.
thanks

So what side does the EGR tube connect to? If your getting a loud sound from the passenger side manifold/cat area I'm wondering if the EGR tube is broken?

yeah, thats what i thought but no. would have been easier but. its not. i went to pep boy and they said it would be better to get the part # off the egr valve and the pebr something sensor(he had to many to choose from in his system) any body got those part numbers. i try to get them and to much ##### in the way and i could not remember how to take off the wiper arm. but hopefully after changing the egr and the pbepr whatever sensor it will fix the problemi have and just in case need the part # for the tbody gasket. might as well change that since i will be taken that off and cleaning the tbody.
thanks.

Back