Not getting a new Mark VIII....request opinions

95MARK8LSC

Registered
I really wanted to get another Mark VIII more than anything, but I need financing, and nobody wants to finance me for a car that's 9 years old. I think it has to do with my credit and the age of the car. I have a couple unresolved issues w/ my credit, so a personal loan right now probably isn't happening either.

So, I have this blank check auto loan thing that expires April 6th and I'm depressed that I can't use it on a Mark VIII. It lets me get any used car as long as the loan is for less than 130% of the Blue Book "Trade-In" value. Unfortunately for me, the KBB trade in value for this great Mark VIII that I was looking at, w/ 30,000 miles on it is $3,900. Can anyone tell me where that comes from?

So, I was happy that I was going to pay a little for a lot, but now I'm going to have to pay more for less. Now, I'm not exactly thrilled about my choices, but these cars have the options that I want, and I may be able to get them at a decent price, twelve or thirteen grand. The opinions I want have more to do with reliability and/or cost to fix problems than anything else. I am only looking at 2001 and newer w/ under 60,000 miles.

Lincoln LS...some are completely loaded, like pretty much everything about them, worried about reliability/costs

Volkswagen Jetta VR6...loaded to the max, pretty nice interior, some pep...unsure of reliability/costs

Volvo S80 (T6)...also loaded, interior is ok, pretty quick, somewhat classy....also don't know if it's reliable/expensive to fix

I was thinking about an Oldsmobile Aurora, as some of you might know, but I can't get used to it's looks, and I'm afraid that since it's out of production any problems could be expensive.

RE: Not getting a new Mark VIII....request opinions

Lincoln LS...some are completely loaded, like pretty much everything about them, worried about reliability/costs

Volkswagen Jetta VR6...loaded to the max, pretty nice interior, some pep...unsure of reliability/costs

Volvo S80 (T6)...also loaded, interior is ok, pretty quick, somewhat classy....also don't know if it's reliable/expensive to fix

THE LS HANDS DOWN. When you talk of reliability and repair costs..........Volvo and Volkswagon are 2 of the worst you can buy (Consumer Reports). The LS does not fare well either though, but weighing all options, I would go that route. Lincoln and Volvo are both Ford though .....but the LS looks much better IMO.

RE: Not getting a new Mark VIII....request opinions

PONTIAC GTO GTO GTO GTO GTO! haha can you tell what kind of car i would part with the mark 8 for if i wasnt against having another car payment? ;)

1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U
2004 BLACK/Silver HONDA CBR 600RR

Back