Bought a 2001 Volvo S80 T6

95MARK8LSC

Registered
This car is very different from the Mark in a lot of ways, but it has awesome power (twin-turbo inline V6), all of the options that my car had, VERY smooth ride, good looks, awesome stereo, headlights that allow me to see in the dark, a TON of room, etc.

The only downsides are FWD and 4-door, but I can live with those and all of the upsides. Plus I got a GREAT deal.

The speed numbers are VERY similar to the Mark VIII.

The pictures really don't give the car or the color justice. The color is considered Platinum Green Metallic.

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2006/2/3/196/273/61424879.196273706.IM1.02.565x421_A.553x421.jpg

http://images.autotrader.com/images...4880.196273706.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.553x421.jpg

RE: Bought a 2001 Volvo S80 T6

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Nice, good luck with it. And it is a Ford ;)
[/div]

Thanks. I may be misinformed, but didn't Ford take over Volvo in 2002?

(twin-turbo inline V6)

Okay, what is it? Is it a twin turbo V6 or is it a single turbo in-line 6.

Congrats!!!What did you do with the MK anyway? http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/images/loveit.gif -JLOD - New England Member--> www.ivotedblue.com www.airamericaradio.com--> www.bradleyreport.net www.npr.org
[/div]

Surprisingly, I have someone who wants to buy it and fix it up. I mean, the engine probably has a lot of miles to go on it, but you know how expensive things can get to fix on these cars. Hopefully everything goes alright. I have a verbal agreement with the guy for him to pay $1500 for it. He knows about the problems/costs, but he has someone to do the work cheap, and he's going to try to get parts from the salvage yard.

Ok, so remind me, what was wrong with your car?http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/images/loveit.gif -JLOD - New England Member--> www.ivotedblue.com www.airamericaradio.com--> www.bradleyreport.net www.npr.org
[/div]

Failed inspection due to front suspension issues (ball joints and tie rods), tranny slipping pretty badly (maybe fluid and filter change will do the trick), starting to burn oil, rear suspension extremely noisy (maybe shock mounts), no power steering (extreme noise when turning wheel), broken pass. door handle, 145,000 miles, throttle position sensor, and probably some other things that I can't remember.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]Ok, so remind me, what was wrong with your car?http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/images/loveit.gif -JLOD - New England Member--> www.ivotedblue.com www.airamericaradio.com--> www.bradleyreport.net www.npr.org[/div]Failed inspection due to front suspension issues (ball joints and tie rods), tranny slipping pretty badly (maybe fluid and filter change will do the trick), starting to burn oil, rear suspension extremely noisy (maybe shock mounts), no power steering (extreme noise when turning wheel), broken pass. door handle, 145,000 miles, throttle position sensor, and probably some other things that I can't remember.
[/div]

Ouch, and you managed to get someone to give you $1500 for your car in that shape. Sounds like it needs at least 2-3k to get in running again.

Man, you should have went with the LS. It looks so much better (though not near as good as the Mark VIII). But good luck with your 'new' car.

Man, you should have went with the LS. It looks so much better (though not near as good as the Mark VIII). But good luck with your 'new' car.
[/div]

I shied away from the LS because it was more expensive, and I was more concerned with it not being a reliable car/repair costs. I agree that it's a slightly better looking car, but my car is faster, probably quieter and I think in the long run more reliable. I also love the color of my car, and it has all of the options that I wanted. I am happy. If I had found an LS with low miles that I could have gotten for under 13, I may have went in that direction, but that didn't happen.

I don't trust the LS. I know one person that has one, and the motor blew up shortly after 100k. And it's an adult lady, so i know she wasn't hot-rodding it, and she's married, so it got some form of maintenance.

I don't trust the LS. I know one person that has one, and the motor blew up shortly after 100k. And it's an adult lady, so i know she wasn't hot-rodding it, and she's married, so it got some form of maintenance.
[/div]

Yeah, I just heard too many horror stories about the LS. I've asked around, and there are people that have them that like them, but overall, the responses to my questions were pretty negative. It's a very good looking car with a varying amount of options, but I thought it would be taking a big chance to actually buy one.

excellent choice of cars!!!!! just think... some exhaust work, an intercooler and a boost controller and you'll massacre any N/A mark 8!!!

Back