Lincoln Fan

Roadie

Registered
I pulled up to the gas pumps at Sam's Club today and a red Lincoln LS pulled up behind me. A woman who looked about mid-50ish got out and started asking me about my Mark. Then she said she had a 93 Mark and loved it. She gave it to her son at 118k miles and he has run it up to 180k miles and he loves it. She said spent $2100 on the front air suspension just before she gave it to her son and bought the LS. She said she likes her LS even more than the Mark. She said it was fast, maybe faster than the Mark. She said she had run it up to 135mph and she thought it would do the whole 160mph on the speedometer. She said she was glad the LS does not have air bags. Women that age usually are so conservative, they would never consider going 135mph! She's pretty cool I think!

RE: Lincoln Fan

Doesn't it just make your day when someone admires your Mark VIII? :)

I've had similar occasions at gas stations, rest areas, parking lots, etc... where complete strangers strike up a conversation while admiring the timeless style of the Mark VIII. They either had one at one time, had a relative who did or are just awestruck when they learn it's a '93 model.

BTW, I think it's stereotypical saying women that age are conservative. More than a few I've met are quite the opposite. Sometimes quite shockingly so! :7

Anytime I have a chance to compliment someone on their Mark, I will. I already miss mine a little bit. Even though I am very happy with my "new" car, it definately doesn't have that "distinctive" look of a Mark. Lincoln had the right idea when they made the Mark VIII. It's not a perfect car, but it certainly has it's highlights.

I was up in Windsor Canada this week on business, and I showed the folks I was training my car site. Like the others, lots of compliments on the car. Compared to all those SUVS those folks drive, she looks pretty sweet.

"BTW, I think it's stereotypical saying women that age are conservative. More than a few I've met are quite the opposite. Sometimes quite shockingly so!"

I don't think I have ever met a woman before who would enjoy driving 135mph. As far as that goes, very few men in their 50s would ever drive that speed.

During my 16 years of single life between the ages of 43 and 59, I met many women who were not conservative in other ways! But, they still would not have wanted to drive 135mph.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
... During my 16 years of single life between the ages of 43 and 59, I met many women who were not conservative in other ways!
[/div]

.:7 ROTFL

women drive aweful around here. Sometimes I enjoy being next to them at stoplights cuz I know they'll floor it so i can run the mark to at least 3500 RPM. Guys usually think they have something to prove if they race so they rarely do.

Not all women are uninterested in cars. Cars, trucks, and hot rods of American make are my favorite things on the Earth. The guys at work get a big kick out of me being a "car guy" too :D

Back