just a caution for all DIYers

RE: just a caution for all DIYers

I'm not surprised at all! One of the posts on that thread hit it on the head "the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low cost is forgotten."

Cheap, inferior foreign made products are flooding the US market and until something like this happens nobody cares. That could have weakened with someone under the car and they would have been killed.

cheap tools piss me off, at least you can fix cheap cars with expensive tools but you can't fix expensive cars with cheap tools.

Twenty years ago I was trying to loosen a bumper bolt when the cehap foreign socket I was using shattered. The sudden loss of resistance cuaed me my hand to hit the bumper hard , but luckily I was not seriously hurt.

I only use cheap foreign tools for the lightest duty jobs.

I have some drop forged wrenches in my car that are made in Asia that I can bend with my hands.

Beware of cheap tools. They are increasingly common. Even Sears sells foreign made tools, but most of their Craftsman line is still made here, though I have heard that the quality of some of these has also gone down over the years.

Alexander
Board of Directors
Lincolns of Distinction

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]Cheap, inferior foreign made products are flooding the US market and until something like this happens nobody cares.
[/div]

That's why I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]Cheap, inferior foreign made products are flooding the US market and until something like this happens nobody cares. [/div]That's why I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart.
[/div]
...thank you....i wish more Americans felt that way...

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong][div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]Cheap, inferior foreign made products are flooding the US market and until something like this happens nobody cares. [/div]That's why I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart.[/div]...thank you....i wish more Americans felt that way...
[/div]

must be a black 98 mark thing! lol ya i hate cheap tools too. They are nice to have on hand for when you need to cut or grind on one for a tight spot.

Back