F1 Fans

Trixie

Staff member
Don't forget to watch Imola race tomorrow on (yuck) CBS. Noon Central.

Michael Schumacher has his 66th pole, beating Aryton Senna's record!

RE: F1 Fans

Very cool. Good to know you are a F1 fan. Most people in this country are Nascar(red neck car) fans. I personally like the technology and the track in F1. It's great to see Rubins in a leading role now instead of playing Michaels blocker.

Yeah for MS! What horrible coverage though on CBS.

The Ferrari definitely was good, but I think Alonso had the faster car, and it's hard to say if this result is just due to the lack of passing opportunities on this track.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
and it's hard to say if this result is just due to the lack of passing opportunities on this track.
[/div]

...which is probably the number one reason why most motorsports fans on *this* side of the pond prefer Nascar...or, how was it..Red Neck car racing. F1 lost alot of its fan appeal in the US when most races were over by the first corner. That is, of course, unless there is a mechanical breakdown, or a problem in the pits.

FWIW, Nascar hasnt been a redneck motorsport for almost a decade.
But dont worry...I am an open-wheel fan mostly. But I havent considered Nascar a red-neck sport since the mid 90's. It is the most popular form of motorsports for a reason ;)

The coverage sucked. The CBS announcers just assume all the viewers are stupid.

I'm sick of schumacher. It would have been nice to see Alonso pass him and beat him. But i'd also like to see Kimi back in the game too.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Did you hate Micheal Jordan too? I missed the whole race. Some dumbass deleted it off of my TiVo
[/div]

Watch the Speed coverage - I think it should air this weekend, and it's got to be better than CBS. You've gotta see what Ide did to Albers and Jensen's pit stop. All you really got to see on CBS was a red car followed by a blue car (yes, that's how CBS described them). And they cut off the podium and the press conference was mangled.

Back