Joe Schmo Show

Kale

Registered
I didn't catch the entire show, but man the few minutes I did catch had me rolling! The scene where they booted someone off the show was absolutely hilarious!

If you haven't heard of it, it airs on the new Spike! channel and is a parody of Joe Millionaire and Survivor. I'm not even totally sure what the purpose of the show is because it seems like they are going through a lot of trouble just to trick ONE person. Damn funny nevertheless.

Kale

RE: Joe Schmo Show

the whole show is pretty much based on the movie "the truman show" that starred jim carey. everybody except the main dorky guy is in on the game. he thinks he's competing with these people for some prize but really its all staged and he doesnt know about it. all the people are actors, who mess up alot, and he has no idea. did i mention the guys a complete tool?

Yeah, I figured that much out, but WHY???

There are some stupid moments, but that "ashes to ashes, dust to dust comment.." was waaay funny! And the look he gave when the host was talking about leaving the Lap of Luxury and going back to their pathetic lives, working for "the man"..Damn that was funny.

Kale

I unfortunately didn't get to see the show, but from the commercials, it looks pretty funny. It's always good to laugh at the misfortunes of others. That guy deserves to get laughed at.

Kale, I think the main point of the show is to get ratings. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ya I understand the ratings part, but there has to be something unknown that makes people want to tune in next week. In this case, there's 100s of people trying to fool just one guy. So in the end you have one guy that you played a practical joke on.

At least with Survivor, Joe Millionaire, etc. you have to keep watching to see what happened, and/or who actually won. That's what keeps you tuning in, no???

Kale

Yeah, you're right. Well, I guess since the practical joke is so drawn out, it's more like many jokes being played over and over on one guy and that's supposed to be funny enough to keep viewers coming back. I don't know.

Does anyone watch Most Exreme Challange? That show can be hilarious.

Does anyone watch Most Exreme Challange? That show can be hilarious.

one of the best shows on TV imo. its not just the stunts and people getting hurt (i cant get enough of the latter), but the announcers are friggin great!

Back