Kill Bill

Ponyfreak

Registered
I love fight movies, filled with a lot of action, BUT....

I personally thought this movie sucked. The fight scenes blew. At times I wondered if they were spoofing another movie or if it was real!?! There were MANY places where the movie just paused; for a rediculous amount of time! As if they made one normal length movie and then tried to make it into two movies. In doing so they had to add some "filler" time. And before you go off I do know that the movie is a 2 part movie, blah blah blah. I read all about it saw Q.T.'s interviews along with Uma's, ect.
For those who have not seen it I will spare the details. I do not suggest this movie to anyone.

If you watch this movie please tell me what you think about it. If you like it please tell me why becuase I am not seeing it.

RE: Kill Bill

I’m not all crazy about these women empowerment movies, they are just made to make some low self-esteemed women (that just got dumbed) feel they are superior to men. Ie. Charles Angles. No plot, just kicking around. End of story. Or at least thats what the producers think.

I do not have a problem with women action movies. They are usually pretty hot which never hurts a movie IMO. But this movie sucked on so many levels.

I couldn't disagree with you more. This was a fantastic movie and should not be mentioned in the same sentence with Charlie's Angels dispite the fact they shared one actress.
This wasn't some feminist power woman's action movie, it was an action movie with female characters.

Yes it was tribute, though not quite a spoof, filled with in jokes and nods to other great movies of the multiple genres it included.
Every shot and every detail was purposeful, nothing dragged on or was included that the director didn't want there. It was supposed to be hard to watch at times and supposed to be hilariously funny at times and it was. To give an example, I've never seen another movie where in the middle of a gorey fight scene with body parts flying can the director make the audience stop and laugh out loud. That's genius.

I reacted the same way to From Dusk Til Dawn the first time I saw it because I had no idea how to watch it and didn't understand what it was or was trying to accomplish. Now I can't flip past it on TV if I happen to see it on.

I would suggest watching Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, and From Dusk Til Dawn and then rewatch Kill Bill to get a better sense of what to look for in the movie.

Jason
'94 Mark VIII
Portofino Blue/Portofino Blue
http://www.markviii.org/~lincolnman/

http://www.markviii.org/~lincolnman/sigpic.jpg

We just saw it last night. The #2 daughter wanted to see the Japanese anime parts she’d heard about. That whole movie is Japanese anime – the violence and gore is standard for anime. But notice that main characters that had limbs chopped off and bled like a ruptured fire hydrant generally did not bleed out. They lived on for more torture, or whatever.

Yeah, you can tell “Pulp Fiction” was done by the same guy. And again like “Pulp Fiction,” the sound track rocked. We’re gonna get the CD.

There was a printed warning at the box office that the movie was very gory and refunds would not be issued.

The daughter and I like it; the wife didn’t (she kept muttering “That’s a fatal wound – she/he will bled out.”)

I liked it. Although i must say, i left the theater last night feeling unfulfilled. It just ends right in the middle. (I know there's a second part, but still...).

He was paying homage to so many different styles at once that it got a little convoluted. I still thought it was pretty well done. I'm definitely going to go back and see the second one.

Im with you pony. I did not like it very much. Just unbelievable. I also lef thte theater feeling it sucked cause i felt i was in a theater and not in the movie. Didnt get me involved or whatever.

I have talked to more people abotu it and msot of them loved it. I do not get it. I have seen movies that were totally unbelievable, but at least I got into the movie. This movie caught my attention about as much as 80's model F-150 driving down the road. I never got into it.

It was a BRILLIANT movie. It was over the top, but didn't take itself seriously. It paid hommage to kung fu and martial art movies from the Far East. If you didn't like or find martial arts movies amusing, then it would be hard for you to grasp this concept. It was one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in some time. The last GREAT theatre experience was Star Wars :Attack of the Clones on an IMAX screen. Stunning...

Back