Check out RIDES

dsinclair

Registered
WOW! I just saw one of the first episodes of RIDES - where Troy Trepanier was hired by Ebay Motors to build up a 1967 Mustang for the SEMA show.

The attention to detail and the way they show the car progressing - it's like an episode of American Chopper for cars.

Check it out on The Learning Channel. You'll be impressed.

RE: Check out RIDES

Man he's got some AWESOME rides! I'm gonna tape this episode too...

Kale

Kale: Please post the Rides episode like you did with the Cobra show
so we can download it.

Well I screwed up and taped just the first minute or so (8:59 - 9:02). Then at the midnight replay, I screwed up again since midnight becomes a new day - the VCR didn't record the episode. It'll be on again soon, probably next week. You just need to check their website - http://tlc.discovery.com.

At first they had the replays set only for next month. Last night I saw that the first episode was going to be replayed tomorrow as well as the 16th or 17th, (I forget). So maybe this episode will be replayed next week too...

Kale

I can't stop thinking about it. It is a car builder's DREAM.

I can't speak for anything but the EBay Motor's Mustang episode - but WOW!!!

Hey guys, let's not forget about American Hot Rod!

"Boyd Coddington is an automotive industry legend, whose work embodies the American hotrod. Coddington and his sons have been building hotrods since the 60s; their most famous car, the Boydster, is now in its third reincarnation."

The first ep of Rides reairs tomorrow on TLC at 10:00PM and American Hot Rod airs on the Discovery channel the next day at 10:00PM.

So tune in at 10!

Kale

Saw episode one of RIDES repeated on Thursday 1/15. Not quite as cool as the EBay Mustang episode - but still pretty neat as an inside look at the making of a concept car.

Carroll looks pretty good for a guy that runs on spare parts.

Best line of the show was his - when they asked him if he wanted to "scuff in the tires" on the zillion dollar Cobra prototype - and he replies something like, "We're having a drift contest tomorrow boys" and all these top Ford engineers start cracking up and one says "Not near any walls, right Carroll?".

Next scene is Carroll in the new Cobra doing INSANE doughnuts with smoke just BILLOWING out of the wheelwells. Bet those engineers weren't laughing then.

Yeah that was a great scene.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me but I tried to tape American Hot Rod last night, ensured the tape was recording at 10:00, went to watch it at about midnight and low and behold I get RIDES! I didn't even have the right channel, much less the right day....

I think I got it now. I think I know why they inventerd VCR+ and TiVo now...

Kale

I was watching the Shelby Cobra episode yesterday, but I only caught the last half of the show. The way these guys work together is amazing, talk about a killer job. That was a beautiful Cobra v10. imagine popping that sucker in the Mark.

______________________Mark of the Cobra______________________ http://dtw.truckmoxie.com/forums/images/badass.gif

Back