Episode 3 of RIDES Disappointing

dsinclair

Registered
I was so excited by the prospect of a new RIDES episode that I even followed the 84% of the U.S. that skipped the State of the Union Address to watch episode 3.

Left me wishing I had set the TiVo for the Bush.

The focus of the episode was on the "Ultra Custom Market" - that wonderful bunch of Urban "musicians" and Sports "legends" that buy perfectly expensive cars of all types and sizes - from Mercedes SL600s to Ferrari Enzos to the lowly Hummer S2 - and then proceed to make them entirely obnoxious with $50,000 radios - hand made "albino alligator" seat covers and any and all manner of "look at me - I'm newly rich" overpriced ricer-inspired "options".

Just not my cup of tea I guess. I would be perfectly happy with someone actually not laughing at my super-exotic - or better yet - I would be likely to put every dime of my fan's ticket money into speed parts.

Don't waste your time on this one. Watch #1 and #2 again instead.

RE: Episode 3 of RIDES Disappointing

I thought the two fat guys in the mini cooper was pretty funny.

That WAS funny - not only that - did you hear all the other shop guys laughing - nothing fake there! They were mopping their eyes for sure.

Probably 750 pounds in the front seat of a Cooper...

I liked it. Different strokes for different folks. One of our local football players (Buccaneers) has an Expedition that's got a lot of flashy mods. He left some of his bling-bling jewelry in it and forgot to turn on the security system. Guess which vehicle got robbed?

Back