George Orwell's "Animal Farm"

Trixie

Staff member
So as a follow up to 1984, I went out and got a copy of "Animal Farm." What an awesome book! It's a great satire, unfortunately way too true and can be applied to may of life's situations, but a truly entertaining, easy read.

It's definitely on my list of books to suggest to all my friends and family.

RE: George Orwell's "Animal Farm"

I saw the movie in high school, i think we read the book too. But if it was assigned i probably didn't read it.

Anyway, it is definitely a good story. I may have to revisit it soon.

Isn't it funny how these books are so much better now when no one is forcing us to read them. ;-)

Isn't it funny how these books are so much better now when no one is forcing us to read them. ;-)
How true is that.lol Actually I forgot I too read Animal Farm in high school, as well as The Great Gatspy, Of Mice and Men, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Catcher in the Rye, Great Expectations, and Lord of the Flies. It may be time to read them again :) Has anyone read Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury? I remember the movie from way back (early 80s) lol and it scared the crap out of me. If you read it and seen the movie is the movie like the book?

Lord of the Flies - I should re-read that one. I suppose I should read of Mice and Men too, I never did read that.

I don't remember if I read Something Wicked This Way Comes - I seem to remember reading it, but it was so long ago...

Of Mice and Men was a good book, and I also saw the movie a little while ago, it was on HBO I think. I also read most of those books that DV8R listed back in high school. Brings back all those memories from 3-4 years ago, LOL.

I just finished The Great Gatsby again. I think I am going to reread most all the books I was assigned to read in high school, because I am sure I never gave them the attention I should have back then (10 years ago) now I just dated myself no turning back now lol

Back