Victory by Design

JC

Registered
There's a program on the Speed Chanel called "Victory by Design". It's one of the best car programs and has stunning photography of the cars in action. They pick a manufacturer (Jaguar, Alfa, Bently, etc.) and start with one of the early race cars then progress through different models until they're showing the more recent racing cars. They show you each car as it sits then open the hood and point out interesting things about the engine. Then they show the interior and dash as the guy gets in and cranks it up. The camera car follows it around a beautiful, scenic private track with shots both front and rear as the guy tells about how it drives and about its racing history. When they get back to the starting place they park that one and walk over to the next one and do the same thing. The photography is stunning and you're given a historical perspective of the racing heritage of the manufacturer.

RE: Victory by Design

I saw a show about how they made it recently. I wasn't paying too much attention (i was surfing the web at the same time) but they go to a lot of trouble to film an episode. Locating the cars, getting permission to drive the cars, finding a location (although most of the shows i've seen seem to be at the same beautiful location), and scheduling it all so that the cars are at the location at the same time. Not to mention all the research that is done into the history of the cars.

Back