e Books has anyone bought one?

DV8R

Registered
Does anyone here have any expirence with buying e books?(Downloadable books online)I have a good friend who wrote an great book and she is talking about selling it online. Has anyone bought a downloadable book? likes/dislikes about doing it? whould you do it again? price? etc etc. Any infor would be very helpful. Thanks in advance

RE: e Books has anyone bought one?

I've never bought an e-book. But Art sent me a text file of a book his brother wrote. I didn't like it in that format, I like having paper in front of me and reading in bed or on the couch or whatever. And printing on 8 1/2 x 11 paper wasn't easy not to mention the pages weren't bound.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned.... I like a regular bound book that I can carry around with me wherever I go.

Haven't bought one, but have played with some ebook creators. They take a generic text file and convert it to html. Then allow you to "lock" the book to give copyright control. Some allow you to literally "turn" the pages like a book. Also can have a paper texture background.

You are usually allowed to read several pages free, then buy the rest if you like it. You just buy a cryptic key to unlock the rest of the book. Because of screen shape, you will normally have less text per page, but will be able to see/read the text easier than a regular book.

Jeff: could you send me some info on where to get the ebook creators, this sounds very interesting and I would love to look into it somemore. The ability to read some of the book is what I think will sell this one, the begining is very very good. Thanks in advance.

Sharon: I couldn't agree more with you. I am the same way, I want to be able to read when and where I want to. (most of my reading is done at work) Printing the book is just not an option either, my friends book uses an entire black ink cartridge to print it. Not to mention the no binding thing.

Back