Paintless Dent Removal

Kale

Registered
I've heard a lot about this but was wondering if I could do this myself? I have a decent sized parking lot dent in my passenger door. I already tried to get it out by removing the door panel and pushing it out. NO WAY. That technique didn't even come close to working. I'm getting real sick of looking at it.

Kale

RE: Paintless Dent Removal

If you watch the infomercials, there is a do it yourself dent removal kit out there.......... bout 19.99 and works hundreds of tiumes guaranteed.

I think I need to sleep more at night.

I wonder how much business Dent Wizard et al. get from people that screw up their cars with the $19.99 special they bought at 3 in the morning?

I have the Dent King still in the box. What was I thinking a 3 in the morning?

I have the Dent King still in the box. What was I thinking a 3 in the morning?
[/quote]

Well, you better let him out before he suffocates. ;) On a more somber thread, my wife IS the dent queen.

Edit: only right that I become a sophmore member while answering a Norm post.

One small step for Man, one giant leap for Mankind.

Go to a very good car dealer and have them set you up with the "Man". The "Dent King" is a joke. I have seen the pro's first hand go down the side of the door or panel and "tap" it out. It is the only way. Unless, like Art says, you need to spend $19.99 at 3:00 AM in the morning. They should charge around $ 50 to a max of $80 for the work, (per dent.)

'93 MonsterMark Project Car
Bryan

The cheap $20 kit off TV won't work for any dent like yours Kale..

Its a damn glue gun, glue sticks and a cheap plastic assembly to pull the dent out. Worthless really based on the reviews I've read :).

Even car and driver reviewed it.

[/quote]

Well, you better let him out before he suffocates. ;) On a more somber thread, my wife IS the dent queen.

[/quote]

Art, I must respectfully challenge you. MY wife is the queen.

One time she backed her car out of the garage. She started scraping at driver side second door, and didnt stop the car until she was halfway into the front qtr panel. This includes ripping off the mirror. Then she said she had no idea how id happened.

Another time, she backed into a fence seperating out yard from the neighbors......

Another time, she actually HIT the neighbor's house...... that one was about 2 grand in damage to the neighbors house alone....

When I first bought my mark, I went for a drive with her. It took her only 1 mile before nearly getting into a 3 car collision....

Accordingly, She is not allowed to drive my mark..... She does however, claim to be a better driver then me...... :)

Do you live anywhere near the Crystal lake area. I might want to know what kind of vehicle she's driving. :) J/K

Lombard........ You might be safe......

Well, I guess I'll have to live with it for now until I can afford to have a professional look at it. My brother had this done somewhere but it was $200. I was hoping I could get some tricks and pointers from you guys and do it myself.

Kale

Back