Where do I find the best Clay Bar

Mycophiles

Registered
I'm going to Clay Bar my car this week. I want to buy a clay bar but don't know where to buy the Mothers Clay bar. Anyone know where to buy it?

RE: Where do I find the best Clay Bar

I think just about any parts store carries it.

Cool then. Thanks

I didnt know if it was carried by stores or has to be ordered like Zaino.

I really think a clay bar is a clay bar. I did use Zaino but I don't think it's any better than Mothers. Now their wax is another story.

Wal-mart carries clay bars... when I say them there were several choices all in kit form and all around 10 bucks.

Leo,

I wouldn't even attempt to dispute you, but why does my Mother's clay bar kit specifically say NOT to use water, besides the fact that they want you to use their "detail spray"? Are they just blowing smoke?

Here's some information I've experienced in the last couple days.

I clay barred my car and I have a couple questions first.
After you have sprayed the detailing spray and gone over the area with a clay bar do you wipe off the left over spray without water or do you just claybar the whole car and wash it with soap and water?

The paint on my car is in desperate need of love and attention and I'm trying to do just that. Before I spend 100 bucks on having it buffed I figured I might try to "prep" the paint fist putting off the inevitable. I have used s100 in the past for the shinning up of my car after washing and it has done a great job so I thought. In my search for a claybar I bought mothers cleaning wax and used it on my car and then going over the car with s100. You laugh now but my paint had depth and shine. I was amazed. So then I go and get mothers clay bar and wipe the car down and then go over it with s100 and the car doesnt look any better.

I might have messed up though. The instructions don't explain how to wipe off the result of the detailing solution so I figured you wipe it off with a towel. Well, if you've ever dont it before you know it's a lot like wipping wax into your paint. I figured that I could be just wiping the grit I took off the car back into the paint but after rationalizing it decided I probobly wasnt and continued to do half the car. I figure now that the clay bar would pick up all the grit but I'm not sure about this so stopped halfway through clay barring the car and thought I'd ask before I continued. I don't see any damage to the paint caused by my claybarring though. :) So like I said after claybarring I then used s100 on the car and I don't recommend this. Unbeknonst (sp) to me s100 is a shinning formula and not a wax. I suggest you use some kind of wax directly after clay barring.

yall prob. knew all this but I didnt so I thought I'd write it up here just to inform us who aren't in the know when It comes to detailing.

cheers.

Ok, I'll do that.

Considering I've washed and waxed my car 3 times in the last 3 days. (literally) I'm going to wait a week to do at another time.

Back