Nysbadmk8

Registered
for black and red or green cars.

Pinnacle souveran Wax

at almost 70 bucks for 8 oz it isnt for everybody

But it is the deepest, sharpest, depthfull wax

RE: World's best wax!

HELLO???
For over 10 posts I've been telling everyone that but nobody has listened to me! THANK YOU PETE !! I pay $69.95 Palm Beach Motoring accessories...
All I hear about is Zaino or Zymol. Souverne by Pinnacle, and you'll leave the other stuff on the shelf in the garage. :) When I show one of the McLarens so many people come up to me and say, "WHAT do YOU USE on this car??? ~ I have NEVER seen anything shine so much" ~ Just bought the Summer '03 can. I have allready done the Jeep, the Caddy, the Blue McLaren & the Town Car. The silver & the Grey McLarens await their turn.
Click below, Sandy's Auto Collection" and look at the Cadillac. I had just done it that day. Look at the reflection of the girl in the paint, and the dept & lustre in it.

yea i bought zanio, i dont use it, its useless now, i have the pinnacle wax, then i hit it with a polymer wax that lasts 6 months... and it shines shines shines, ive done so well on my cars, esp. the lincoln people ask me if i will do there cars, so im doing that on the side now.

sandy the only thing i dont like about the pinnacle wax is i cant machine apply, and w/o the poly wax with dulls it a bit the shine lasts only 60 days, but its the sweetest smelling wax :)

Never having waxed my own car, should I even bother trying to learn? I usually take it to a detail shop and have it done...... If I should --- can someone lay out some basics of what I should know / do?

Never wax a car that's not flawless! Run fingertips over finish. Is it smooth as silk or "pebbly"? If it's pebbly, you'll need to use a clay bar first or have the car professionally machine compounded to make it glass smooth. If is is right now, then you're ready to begin. Wax a small section at a time. I prefer a straight back & forth hand motion like an "X" ~~ rather than circular, which sometimes makes for swirls in the clearcoat. Never do it in the sunshine, a cloudy day is much preferred.
Be prepared for noisy neighbors to yell over at you....."MINE'S NEXT" (So original they think they are as they go laughing away!) ~ I once told one of them "Okay, as soon as you do our toilets - I'll wax your car". Never heard that XXXXXX from him again!

zaino is nice... but takes too much time to Make it shine, plus it only lasts oh say... two rains

I got 6. I need REAL durability!
Actually, I have never found one that lasts more than a month. It might still have some wax on it - but nothing like 30 minutes after you finsihed doing it!!

BTW, I rub it off with Leo's Towels, which are equal to Souverne by Pinnacle, in that they are supurb! Just terrific for wax removal, best I've ever used!

I really like my entire set up right now. Souverne/DF Towels/No. 7 Car Wash Powder/Eagle One Wheel Cleaner Kit/Valvoline Concours Finish Tire Shine/Pledge/and Vogue WW Tire Cleaner. Oh, and Sears H/Duty Lawn & leaf blower, for drying. "Nothing touches the car, but air" ! :)

Now, if I just was not scared to drive them to shows and share them! :)

its a detailer's item its called Sts 2000, its a polymer based waxed not carnuba extreamly easy to apply, and take of... best part i get 3-4 months out of it

I don't know if it's still made or if it would be good for the new clearcoat finishes but!!! When I got my first good car, a 1959 Bonniville, Black, I had something made by BLUE CORAL. It was a 2 Part thing. One jar of a cleaner to use first, then another jar of was I guess was Wax. It looked like and felt like white candle wax. A pane to just get it on an applicator, and an all day job to rub out but the water would bead after 6 months and I washed it a couple times a week. Wish I could find it now, it would be worth it.

Wayne

http://www.bluecoral.com/

Apparently still around and it would appear a little more user friendly then in the days of old (yes I do remember) how it was to work with.

As I recall about 5 very labor intensive hours to do a 64 Chevelle but what a shine.

Now correct me if I’m wrong but I do believe it was a product originally developed by GM for their acrylic lacquers used first on Cadillac.

Yes, I do see Blue Coral products but never that 2 part system with the hard wax. I don't know if the new stuff would be as good. They do have something called Dry Clean for fabric cleaning that I use. I put a guage in my 84 Cougar, one with a line, it broke and engine oil all over the carpet. I pulled the carpet and used that several times and got it all out. I have even used it on furniture in the house with good luck. I only use electric guages now.

Wayne

........Now correct me if I’m wrong but I do believe it was a product originally developed by GM for their acrylic lacquers used first on Cadillac.

I remember my Father using it on his '56 Caddy years ago and telling me the only place you could buy it was through the Cadillac Dealers.........

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING...

Dave, you are 100% correct, and have a fantastic memory! They sold the product only to Cadillac dealers in the beginning, for many years. I have never used that product, am mildly interested, but I think mostly based on heritage. I still like my Souverne. I may further investigate. I looked at the site you linked, but I think the original break my arm off one is nolonger there...... ???

its a detailer's item its called Sts 2000, its a polymer based waxed not carnuba extreamly easy to apply, and take of... best part i get 3-4 months out of it

Okay Pete - WHERE do I get it?!?!??!

Sandy I believe Torry bought some polymer stuff at Carlisle last year.He has been raving about it ever since.I myself have used nothing but IBIZ since I first tried it.It goes on and comes off easier than anything I have ever used.And the shine I get is awesome.Its hard to compare durability cause the weather out here is so nice but I can go for 4-5-6 months without redoing it.
Sandy if you are going to Carlisle I'm buying some more IBIZ and I'll show you how good it is.And you can be the judge.Maybe this stuff by pinnacle is better I dont know I haven't used it.

Back