800 bucks for WAX?????? WHAT?

RE: 800 bucks for WAX?????? WHAT?

Damn, that's expensive stuff. But at least the second one is a lifetime supply.

There was a guy on the MarkVIII site a year ago that tried to pull that one off back then. I think we fairly successfully ran him off, as deserved....I might add.

'93 MonsterMark Project Car
Bryan

There are thousands of people out there with enough spendable income to buy into the perception of the superiority of these 2 products. But, I seriously doubt that they themselves will do the actual work involved. They will more than likely hand it off to someone to do it for them (and then complain about how much that person charged them to do it :) !

They will more than likely hand it off to someone to do it for them (and then complain about how much that person charged them to do it :) !

Those are the kind of people that have someone on staff to do it.

Pete, I'm trying to find the thread over there. A guy with one post came on the site and was trying to get people to send him a grand for wax. I especially took exception because this is a very popular scam where you pay upfront $1000 or more for a lifetime supply, or in the case of reality, until they have collected enough money and then simply go out of business or disappear.

If my memory serves me, I think Pete you had either bought the stuff or were going to and you like the concept of refilling. The guy that made the post was trying to use his "lifetime refill guarantee" with his friends. 'Hey guys, send me $100 and I will get the company to refill my container, then I'll fill yours and go back and refill it again, and so on and so forth.' To each his own. Not starting anything here. If you think a wax is worth a $1000 or $1400 or whatever price, let me leave you with this time tested mantra..."A fool and his money are soon parted".

I emailed this guy back and forth because only a year or two earlier I looked at buying a company that was manufacturing and marketing waxes to the mass merchant retailers and thought it would be a good fit. In the course of 7 months of due diligence, I learned more than I cared to know about waxes; the raw material cost structure, profit margins, etc. I simply called a spade a spade and would do so again. No wax is worth a grand.

Bryan

me buy 1000 dollar wax? Not me! i bitch when i buy pinnacle souvran at 60 bucks for 8 oz.!

I can't find the thread but you are right in that I think that you also thought the guy was crazy. From what I know, $ 20.00 pretty much gets you the best in the business. Anything over that is overkill and won't do anything to enhance the protection of the paint. IMHO.

Bryan

That's the one!!!

Sorry Pete, I thought I remembered you in that fray. My sincere apologies.

I offered to package that guys wax including container that he could then re-sell including postage for around $10-12. I thought that would be fair. He turned out to be a 20 year old mortgage broker that had all the answers.

That was alot of fun. This post brought back those good memories.

Bryan

I know I did when I was 20! I guess I am getting dumber as I get older.:)

Bryan

I felt kinda bad because he said we all watched midget tossing and that was my icon a while back :(

And amazingly enough, at the end of it is a post from the master leader of all things Mark VIII shutting it down.

That thread is hilarious.

Back