Got the New MIrror

scotty96lsc

Registered
I got my new Gen. II mirror installed Thursday. $423 for the mirror and $100 for paint and install. So I'm out $250 deductable bucks.
Looks good though. I just couldn't drive around with electrical tape holding the mirror together. You couldn't tell though unless you looked close.
So I asked the body guy what am I going to get for a $423 mirror -- more horsepower, mpg? He laughed and said yea, just keep it under 1oo mph and that mirror shouldn't drag too much. We both laughed.
$423 for that mirror. Geez.

RE: Got the New MIrror

Just dont think back and say... "I could of done this and that for that much...."

It will eat you up... lol, happend to me many times :)

HI,
I am rather new to the site so let me briefly introduce myself. A month ago I got a 1998 Mark VIII, base model with 92K. The body is in real good shape but the driver's side mirror looks fogged up. I have seen other Mark's with this problem so I guess it is common. I have looked on the web and have not been able to find a replacement mirror. I appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks,
Tim:)

If you look up mirrors in the Advance Auto web site, you will see that they sell a replacement mirror. These are MotorMite mirrors that are placed on top to the existing mirror, held in place with adhesive. They are very thin and IMO are a reasonable replacement alternative at around $15.

With the money saved, you'll be able to buy several cases of your favorite brew.

I was just looking at the online catalog at Ford Parts Network, and they list the driver's side mirror GLASS for $178. I was under the impression you had to buy the whole mirror to get new glass. Anyone know if this is right?

[A HREF="http://www.parts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=318&chapter=DR2KB93&appSectionid=3263&groupid=2740&subgroupid=2581&componentid=27231&make=21&model=Mark%20viii&year=1998&graphicID=KB93255&callout=2&catalogid=2"]Mirrors[/A]

Back