Not Moose's day today

RE: Not Moose's day today

I probably woulda gone into shock and needed shock treatments.....

Ok, you are going to make me share something similar.
At my old place of business, we had just moved to a new shop, and according to OSHA rules, we had to erect these cement poles about 3 1/2 feet high, and paint them yellow. they were about 4 feet apart, and were designed as a safety bariier to prevent any vehicles from entering the customer "walkway" in front of the service counter. Got the visual?
Ok, this one customer had a pristine, rare, little french car(looks like a mini-cooper, but a bit bigger, and french(Puegeot/Citroen?). It was a show car, alot of custom paint work, box-flares, body graphics, interior items. Got this visual now?
One saturday morning, he brought his car in to have a nail removed from a tire, and against insurance regulations, he demanded that he and only he "drive" the car onto the rack, and stand there to watch the work to make sure no one would damage his car. My boss made him sign a waiver, and then got in posisiton to guide him onto the "speed rack"(a ramp style rack that works like a scissor-jack, lifting the frame up only 2 feet off the ground for tire work only)
The guy gets in his car, fires it up, and rev's the crap out of it as a display of power(I guess to impress the people who might give a damn about this little box of crap). he puts the car in reverse, and backs right into one of the poles!!! The fibergalss box flare cracks, and falls almost off the car, and he shatters a tail light.
The best part was, my boss made him pay to have the pole repainted!!!
Just wanted to share. it was a glorious end to a waste of time conversing with him about safety and insurance regulations... he got his, thats for sure... never did fix the tire... he was asked to leave.... never saw him again
Moose, it sucks to see it happen to your car, but it could have been worse... you could have done the damage yourself!
BlackIceLSC-VP LODNCA
http://mark8.org/lodnca
94 Black/Black M8
95 Champagne/Saddle M8

man, that really sucks, but at least she's drivable, unlike my VIII, all up in the air in the front.

Back