Worked my tail off

Sandy

Registered
Did a super detail wash on the Lincoln, yesterday (70-degrees & sunny in Jersey - Whaaa happened?). Covered it under the cover, and spend 150 minutes just finishing waxing every last detail of it. Tires glow, white stripe looking like new chalk, dusted interior, vacuumed interior & trunk. Polished chrome, washing wheelwells (all 4) with scrubbing brush. Glass cleaner on all glass, and tire dressing, too. Everything! Everything on my body hurts! Legs, back, shoulders, spine & knees. Going to bed for 2 hours, but, looking at it..... it was worth all the work & pain ! Will do again in October.

Products Used:-
Detailer's Choice Auto Glass Cleaner
Spray Nine on carpet (one tiny little smear mark, now history)
MOPAR Super Kleen on rocker panel road tar gook
No. 7 Car Wash
Souverne by Pinnacle Cream Wax
Westley's Bleche-Wite on Whitewalls
Pledge on black plastic mouildings - Exterior
Eagle-One Tire Protectant Spray
Eagle-One Wheel Cleaning Kit No. 1 & No. 2.
Leo's Towels, as seen above. DF Motorsports.
Only the best of everything!!

Advil for my headache
Tylinol Sleeping pill to sleep.
2 Blood Pressure Pills
1 cup black coffee with sugar.

RE: Worked my tail off

Blood pressure pills and coffee??? thats a bad combo.

On a sidenote, nothing like seeing your car look its best :)! I know how it feels.

Oh yes, until your stupid neighbor decideds to cut his grass and blow it off the side walk everytime you wash your car x(

I'm back! 2 hour snooze, feeling a little better.
No grass cutters here, Moe. Not a problem. The problem is that my driveway is under a major bird-route to the bird houses/feeders of another neighbor. Frequently, they drop-load overhead, and the "flying poop machines" {Pigeons} travel in herds. Suddenly I'll have 11 bomb marks on the car, which is why the convertibles are NEVER left outdoors.
She sure looks purdy !!

Hey Sandy, It was you that uses Pledge on th leather right?
I think I remember you saying NOY to use the kind with orange or lemon or whatever, but all I can find is stuff with lemon juice in it.Its different than Lemon Pledge, but it still says lemon juice.What do you think?

Sandy, what did you use on the wheel wells ?
I haven't cleaned them in a LONG time and they are layered in filth.
Also, is Pledge good for the interior panels, and how bout a leather conditioner ?

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

If you go to Kroger's (thinks to self ... IF he knows I'm in New Jersey, and knows anything ABOUT New Jersey ~ he'll know there are NO Kroger's anywhere near here - sooo, how's HE know 'bout Kroger's??) Okay, at Kroger's you can find an assortment of stiff headed bristle brushs, that have a small head. With a small head, it will fit thru the space between the tire, and the fender. Now, find one with a looonger handle, because your hand just ain't gonna fit in there!! (Unless you're 12 :) )
Also, purchase a bucket, lightweight plastic with a GOOD STRONG handle! Fill bucket with warm water and grease cutting dish washing soap. (Palmolive Green works better than many). Hold high pressure hose (with a pistol grip nozzle) at super high pressure, and blast it at the wheel wells, for a while to loosen the stuff. (Do NOT wear your long sleeve finest dress shirt and Rolex for doing this :) ).

After it looks like some is coming off, you can begin to scrub away, working from highest point downward, (gravity is a friend, sometimes).

If ANYBODY is reading this with a CADILLAC, be 100% positive that you have the keys to it IN YOUR POCKET! The remote control reciever is in BACK of the wheel well (front driver side) and the racket from the pressurized water WILL lock your doors!!
Do not ask me how I know this. :( :( :(

Regarding PLEDGE, as I've said many times, Pledge **IS** a leather conditioner!!!!! It contains Aloe Vera, Lanolin, and Vitimin E.
If you can find something better for leather, that leaves the leather/vinyl/plastic more supple, soft, pliable with no perfume after-smell, let me know. No greasy, sticky feeling, just butter smooth. IT IS *** NOT *** a CLEANER, it's a protecterant against dirt buildup and keeps leather from getting stiff and hard due to UV rays.

Beautiful work, Sandy.
That was a great amount of info. and I truley appreciate your time into it.
To think again, all your posts are truley descriptive. Your one of a kind. ;)
I'll be running to the store before work tomorrow to purchase some Pledge and some dish soap for the job.
Thanks again.

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

I am a writer. Automotive Journalist. Have written for many, many car mags. Contributing Editor to The Corvette Black Book. Been interviewed by Mustang Illustrated. Written for Collectible Automobile, Ford Times, High Performance Pontiac, Imperial Times, MM & FF (Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords), have won the "Golden Quill" award from Old Cars Weekly. Various newspapers. I am also the world's worst speller, which is why I spend a fortune on a proof reader. "It's not how you spell it - it IS what you say" !!! I have also had 1 booklet published. I was a "D" student in Engish in high school. I am still awaiting my English I, II & III teachers to catch up to me.

Problem with Murphy's Leo is that it's sticky! Park car in sun (Summer's comin') and it will feel like someone spilt soda (R/C :) ) on the seat and just wiped it off, without wiping it with a damp towel (D.F. Towel :) ) to REMOVE the sticky. That's what I do not like about Murphy's products. My wife has used them on the butcher block counter and I can always tell, as the clear wrap wil stick to the counter, rather than slide off when pulled.

....If you find it to be sticky then you have residue on the seats.

I wonder what kind of sticky residue Sandy can possibly have on his seats? :+

You could do like I do and remove all four tires (one at a time) and clean the wheel wells, the back side of the rims, the suspension, the bags, the brake assembly.......I do that about twice a year. Somehow I really get my kicks doing that. It really annoys the wife. When she sees me do that, she knows I'll be out there all day. :9

Back