Meguires NXT

scotty96lsc

Registered
I thought I'd the new Meguires NXT wax a test with my next wax job. I have read a lot about it on their site but my only question was if it was safe for clear coat.
Here is the response when I asked the question on line:

"The NXT Tech Wax will provide the best protection and shine in
our product line. It is the latest advancement in wax
formulations and will leave you with the best finish available
from Meguiar's.

The NXT Tech Wax is safe for all paints including clear coat.
Clear coat is simply a clear paint that is applied over the
pigmented base coat."

<http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/>

I'm anxious to see if this stuff is as good as they say.
Comments appreciated.

RE: Meguires NXT

When you consider that the pink "thing" on the hood, is really not on the hood, but on a clothes line on the third floor, like 30 feet above, then you can get some idea as to the finish I have on my cars with Souverne by Pinnacle. This is what you want to aspire to. Allthough she has a mere 2,300 miles on her, she *IS* 14 years old, and this *IS* 14 year old paint.

http://images2.fotki.com/v14/photos/4/43979/178315/Sanford1-vi.jpg

Great pic, Sandy! Until I read the post I thought that was your polishing cloth sitting on the hood! The car looks GREAT!

i have yet to use it the major compalints ive read the shine dosent last that long

the good tings ive read it looks better about an hour after you use it goes on easy has great depth and clarity and its cheap

I used it for the first time the begining of this week. It when on real nice and looks great to me, but it has been raining here for a few days. I only got to put one coat on the escape, one on the mark and two on the new Navigator. Sandy your car looks great.

I finished putting on the NXT las night. LIke everyone else said, it went on easy, and came off even easier. Outstanding shine one my black Mark. I going to put it on my wifes red firebird and see what it does with Red. $14 for the kit.

Leo,
What did you do to prep your car for the NXT because I know that you used Zanio before? Did you strip the Zanio off or just put the NXT over what you already have on? I just picked up the NXT and I don't want to put it on until I know the correct prep to make it look its best. My 98 is the same color as yours it looks good but can be better. There is a photo of it from when a bunch of us got together at Jillian's in Philly.

98 Mark VIII LSC
04 Honda Pilot (Wife's)
00 Harley Softtail

Big T
If you go to the Meguires site they can give you a step-by-step on prepping and applying their wax. I just put it over the top of the first coat I had on which was only a week old.

I think we should get a hold of Mequires and get a club discount going. Look at all the free advertisement here. LOL.

His and her shinny rides.
[/quote]

Looks great Scott! I see you've performed the "Moe mod" to the Mark. ;-)

Back