What kind of stuff do you use to maintain leather seats?

JackDonkey

Registered
I know someone has mentioned it before, but I can't seem to find it. So what product do you use to maintain your leather seats?

RE: What kind of stuff do you use to maintain leather seats?

Pledge works great. Sandy says you should use something else to clean them first though.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
I think I've tried everything, and found Meguiar's Gold Class leather conditioner to be far more effective than any of the others.John[link:mark8.org/lodnca|NorCal Chapter Website]http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg'97 Mark VIII LSC'96 T-Bird 4.6L
[/div]

I will attest to that as well!

Works very well :D

Okay...it's in the wording herein.

You say "to maintain" ~ by using the word MAINTAIN you are implying that the leather covering the seat(s) is perfectly clean, meaning no dirt (loose or imbetted), no stains, no spills. We are talking as clean as can possibly be obtained. Do I understand correctly? If I do, and THAT is how it is, then to maintain them to that level of perfection, you need simply to lightly spray a section at a time with Non-Lemon PLEDGE, and buff off using either Bounty or Viva paper towels, turning them frequently to left off the excess. Pledge has in it Aloe Vera, Lanolin, and a cream silicone. It's the best protectorent available, (and the cheapest)!! It will last a month. At month's end, you wanna inspect for acquired dirt. Pledge acts as a buffer, so dirt will be minimum. To remove just wipe with a paper towel with a very mild soap & water mixture squeezed out REAL good, so it's just 'damp'. I use Ivory liquid. Be 100% positive to remove all soap or soap residue, by re-wiping with damp (water only) towel.

Don't buy the LEMON variety, as there are other ingrediants in it to make it smell like lemon, and you don't need to find out if they are bad for your leather. The Regular is called Country Fresh and is the one in the BROWN can. Ivory Liquid can be found where they sell the liquid soaps in a plastic bottle with a pump.

So would anyone have any at-home remedies to remove a coffe stain on my passenger seat about the size of a nickel? And don't reply with, "put a nickel over it". I tried that already and I still see the nickel. Then I want to pick it up and......dang there's the coffee spot again!......... :B

Ivory liquid is the best.

98 Toreador LSC
98 Expedition

Back