Calling all BLING BLING artists...

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
Who has billet covers for the Gen1 fuse box, dipstick handle and brake resevoir cap? What Mustang Cobra billet items crossover to the Mark VIII 4.6L DOHC?

RE: Calling all BLING BLING artists...

Thanx for the sites, Have to take out the credit card now. Some more presents for the holidays.

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
STRA DOG
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

Alright, all you 'Stang guys come out of the closet!

What specific Mustang year billet covers fit the fuse box and brake reservoir cap on the Gen1 Mark VIII?

Very nice, clean engine there driller. Impressive. I been DIEING to detail my engine in sooooo long, but this damn cold weather just doesn't go away. What do you use to keep it clean? How bout for one that hasn't been cleaned for a WHILE and is pretty filthy... I'm still pondering about "hosing" it down. I am scared of the electrical components that can get water in them and screw me over.

Any expert suggestions on getting the engine cleaned without having to worry about the electrical stuff will be great help.

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

To clean it once or twice a year, Simple Green works good, on a lukewarm engine. I use foil to protect electrical stuff from water and avoid direct spraying. I just use a garden hose and a shower type spray head. I start and run the engine immediately after. Water spots are tough though.

To keep it clean, I clean under the hood as much or more than the interior passenger compartment. Mostly it's just 'dusting'. The kids think I'm anal, and the wife gets jealous and starts demanding attention.

I need to do the '91 LSC as well, it is 'filthy' in a relative sense. I'm afraid though that will put her over the edge(the wife, not the car).;)

One thing to stay away from is some of the so-called engine cleaner sprays. I can't remember if it was Gunk Engine Brite or what, but something I once used on my T-Bird actually made the black plastic parts sticky!!! It would actually leave cloth prints in the plastic if you weren't careful!!! Never again...

John
[link:mark8.org/lodnca|NorCal Chapter Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

Still looking for fuse box cover and brake reservoir cap.

x(

I appreciate all the replys guys. Yea, my engine is in need of a cleaning desperately. I actually think I LOST power cuz it is soo dirty !. LOL. I will get to power washing everything under the car. Can't wait. I did use the Simple Green Automotive, and the results on it were great. I didn't use a hose tho, so I was constintly wiping. I will buy some of this " Orange Blast" soon to try it out Leo, because the smell of that Simple Green really gets to ya after a while. LOL.

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
[font color="#CC0000"]
MIDWEST CHAPTER [/font]

Hey for the fuse box cover-ever consider just getting some spray paint for plastic and paint the cover red or blue to match the rest of the engine area; chrome would be nice but probably next to impossible to find. I have a couple pieces done in the krylon plastic spray paint in red and they hold up great even with the engine heat; I dont have any peeling or bubbling and still looks like when I painted it-just used some adhesion helper and put a few coats on. MIght be something to look into -

Did you look at the cobra fuse box cover at upr products? It is black anodized not chrome, but looks awsome in my opinion. Not sure if it will fit or though. It says it is for 94-03 stangs if that is of any help.

When I first found UPR, I bought a chrome fuse box cover. Still have it... it doesn't fit. Unfortunately, I don't recall what year I ordered(I believe '96) - so I don't know what other one to order! LOL! :) I've been meaning to contact UPR and inquire dimensions, etc...

Back