where can i find a 3 peice wing????

cadillackman

Registered
ok guys,2 questions,1st.where can i find a 3 peice wing for my 93 mk8.2nd.question,WHY DO THE GRILLS ON THE FIRST GENS.SAG INWARD RIGHT UNDER THE HOOD?IT DRIVES ME NUTS!CAN IT BE FIXED?mine doesn't look that bad but one day i'm sure it will,it doesn't make sense,it's plastic,not metal,how does it become bent?and i saw a badass 3-peice wing on the old LMS site,but they don't offer it on the updated site?anyone know where i can find one? x(

RE: where can i find a 3 peice wing????

what do you mean by 3 piece? LMS sells a small spoiler-like wing. Call them and ask about it. On the grille, i dunno. The support is metal, and it's designed to bend down before it breaks, IIRC. The bumper does have to come off for the grille to come off though.

i just got a reply from LMS,they have to order them so many at a time to have them made and i guess no ones ordering them?he said it may be scrapped.FUDGE!//no wonder i couldn't get the grill off?!?

After my complaining that the grill used to sit flush with hood,my body shop guy that painted my entire car and chrome trim body color, has this T handle tool with a hook at end. He slid it through the front of grill through spokes and pulled out towords front of car on bottom two bars at same time...two clicks later, mine was perfectly aligned and tight with hood agin...Apparently it is designed to realease from bird strikes or whatever is going to kill the grille...and at roughly 265.00 (i bought new one) it is a worthwhile invention. You could probably use some coathanger heavy gauge and do the same thing. use two pieces of wood dowel with wire tied between them like a garrote.

Back