GEN 1 VS GEN 2 LISENCE PLATE HOLDER

RE: GEN 1 VS GEN 2 LISENCE PLATE HOLDER

just by looking at them, i would guess probably not, the gen 2 bumper looks like it has a deeper and taller curve than the shallower gen 1 bumper. This of course is completely uneducated, but just my best guess from looking at them.

Call up a dealer and see if they are different part numbers, if they are the same then that will help. But I think the only body parts that came over from the gen1 to gen2 are the doors and all the glass, with the exception of the 2nd gen having the radio antenna in the back glass.

Call up a dealer and see if they are different part numbers, if they are the same then that will help. But I think the only body parts that came over from the gen1 to gen2 are the doors and all the glass, with the exception of the 2nd gen having the radio antenna in the back glass.

Ahhh Haaa, finally one you couldn't SEARCH!!

LOL!

I removed the front holder from my '94 when I bought it in '95. It's somewhere on a shelf in my shop. Ga. doesn't run a front tag (yet}, and I NEVER run any sort of special tag on front.

The reason is that cops are trained to use the front tag {if present} for an aiming point using laser speed gun. This because it's the most flat area on front of most vehicles and will reflect back to laser gun at the longest distance.

I would gladly send you mine, but every year when the legislature convenes, some jerk kisses up to GA Dept Public Safety and drops in a bill to require front tags.

The bill is always voted down, but sooner or later they may get it through, so I better hang on to that bracket.

Thanx Dirty old man,
If you change your mind I will be interested in buying it from you.

Back