Rear Windshield Trim

BluePearl

Registered
I just had my 94 Mark VIII painted and would like to replace the black trim around the rear windshield (gasket), but Lincoln only has it WITH the windshield at $1,400.00.

Does anyone have any ideas or know of an after market trim?

RE: Rear Windshield Trim

there is no aftermarket trim available that i know of. so a search and you'll come up with a variety of fixes though.

Here is what I did. My 94 rear window seal was rippled like a ribbon on a womans dress. Yes, that wrinkled. I HAD to fix it. I was advised to head to Pep Boys and buy a package that contained 2x42" rubber strips that are actually Truck Door edge guard. They are designed to fit on the outer edge of a truck door to stop it from dinging people's paint when you hit their car with your door edge. They have a small amount of adhesive in the groove, and they simply slide over the edge of your wrinkled window seal. They have to be cut to fit, and a careful hand can taper-cut the ends to match up in the corners. Caution: they are bulky! You may not like the outcome. But, since a pack of two only costs $5.95, it is worth a shot. I bought two packs, and went up both sides, and across the top to complete the "look". I only had my car for a week when I did it, so I wasnt used to an original "flush" seal look anyway... I never had one. Email me for pics of the "after" look.
BlackIceLSC
94 Black/Black M8
95 Champagne/Saddle M8

I think we should start nicknaming our Rear Window Seals. I've heard lasagna, ruffles on a dress, and the Superman Roller coaster. I'll add mine -- Lochness Monster.
Feel free to add your individual nicknames. Then lets send this to Ford and ask, "Why did they do this to us?"

Back