Trunk Key Hole cover insert fell off!

Bill Eynon III

Registered
Yep it finally happened while I was washing my baby. The darned insert decided it was time to let go. So here is what I did...
I took some emery cloth and sanded away all the red. I then got some MOPAR yes MOPAR Dark Graphite Metalic touch up paint and painted the once red area with it. I then installed with some MOPAR bond all gel. It holding nicely and looks great. I will post some pics tomorrow as it is dark now. The reason I used all MOPAR stuff is it is free since I work at a Dodge dealer. Can't pass up free stuff. Any how I am not as mad anymore since I think it looks better than factory.

RE: Trunk Key Hole cover insert fell off!

I've been ripped! I want pics....even if I can't tell what it is. Go take some pics! :)

please detail explain how you get it off and pry it out I don't want to permantly damge the think...mine looks really bad..like it is corroding on the inside I may have to go to a salvage yard and get one in better shape and paint it.thanks

This has obviously been going on for some time around here.:) Looking good!

Do you pry the whole part that pivots over the keyhole? Do you pry at the pivot in the upper right corner of it? Or do you pry just the transluscent insert from the backside of the pivoting chrome piece?

I gotta check this out. My '93 trunk key hole cover couldn't be called pristine but it certainly wouldn't suffer to do a makeover either. I have visions of Nordic Blue and a gold star... :)

Back