How to do serious body work and amazing paint job for M

jimboberuni

Registered
Can someone please direct me to a serious in depth tutorial or help me out with my MarkVIII. i only have a little rust at the bottom of the driver side door and i want to get rid of it and do some body work then paint nicely. i want to do an amazing job and do every little part of the car but i don't know how to take everything apart. maybe someone could give me a good mechanics book to buy for the markviii so i know how to take it all apart. Please, i need some help. thank you.

RE: How to do serious body work and amazing paint job f

i have never done any, but i'm a very bright guy (at least i think). What i want to do is learn it all and i want to know how i can do that. I just rather trust myself learning how to do it and doing an amazing job than take a chance bringing it somewhere and paying big dollars for a half ass one.

I am going to give you the best advice I can here - take a second job just long enough to pay someone professional to do your body work. It is an art/craft that takes thousands of dollars in tools and spray equipment and years to learn.

You will earn money doing what you do now - much faster than you will learn this very difficult trade.

Hire a pro. If you want to paint something - find a fence and charge the owner $15 an hour - then hire a good body shop.

Ask any great mechanic - they all hire the body work out.

Don't listen to them. If you think you can do it, do it. Just have patience, don't rush it. Paint is one thing you may want to pay someone to do, but from some of the places i've seen, you might as well do it yourself. But you'll need a lot of tools. If you just have some rust in a non-visible location, start by sanding it down to bare metal, then prime it and paint it with the cheap crap you get at the auto parts store. If it's not noticeable, call it good, if it is, that'll at least hold off the rust until you can pay a pro to paint it right.

thanks all of you. i will do as the last guy said and get rid of the rust for now. . . then ill pay a good place in a little bit when i get the money and get a badass job done. thank you again and if anyone knows any good places to get it done anywhere near me please help me out cause im terrified of getting a shitty job done. I live in Toronto, Canada but im willing to drive to the U.S. to get it done. just not too damn far. What i really want is an amazing ass paint job with body work and then some crazy airbrushing like in the lowrider magazines. Maybe some place that will do it all, im not scared to pay as long as it's amazing. Thanks again to all of you.

Back