Carriage Top Question

J

joeychgo

I know many here dont like carriage tops on your marks... however....I have been thinking. Would having a carriage top fix or at least hide the rippled rear window trim problem?

Further, anyone know what having such a carriage top installed would cost?

RE: Carriage Top Question

Between $1000 & $1400 usually.....
I think it would hide the part going across the top, but probably not the vertical part from trunk lid to roof. IMHO the ones that look the best are the ones that are an exact match to the body color. I don't think the car's shape nor size can handle a contrasting color. The one that I saw that looked the best was a navy roof on a navy '97.

I agree.... A black on black (my car is black) would look nice. My thinking is that if the trim issue is fixed, its a similar cost and also protects tha paint from peeling as so many do.

A fellow in my area has a Blk rag top on a Blk 98 LSC, with a moon roof. It sits just slightly higher in the front than the rear, he keeps it well polished, and it is one really SHARP looking ride. Matter of fact it was this car that made me decide to buy my Mark. I was going to have the dealer install a top on mine(he wanted $1,000), but then decided that the Blue wouldn't as look good with a rag as the black does.

Back