cowl hood

DENNISMK8

Registered
looking to get a cowl hood. does anyone know a place to get one for our cars without having to get it custom made by a body shop?

RE: cowl hood

A place called Legendary 'Hoods?', I believe, makes them. They are one piece direct fit imitations of the Cobra R hood. I believe they run about $750. shipped, but you will have to get new hood props because the stock ones are too strong. Also, their hoods are notorious for being "direct fit" that need a few minor adjustments to fit properly. Whoever does your autobody may have to do a lit fit and trim work.
http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/008/70/AA/18/E8/W11hj02X4tN-En11d+ll9XNgLXV1HDPB0060.jpg

I paid a total of 500 for mine.And that included building the hood and painting of both front fenders and one door where it had been keyed.

Ray how much did your body guy charge you to fix yours before it was show ready?

that's an awesome price chris. might have to find me a local body shop here in jersey and get some estamates on a custom cowl hood. If not I'll probably buy that same one Ray has.

Got a question ? I am fixing to get my 93 repainted,and was wondering if anyone had the part # or the company who makes the cowl hood scoop,might as well do mine since I am fixing to Paint the whole car anyways.

One of our new LOD members picked up a raised Mark VIII hood at Carlilse this past weekend. Not sure on the price but hopefully he'll post here and let you know. :)

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING...

I was thinking of getting that exact same hood from them. you say $350?? i thought it was like 6 hundered something?

I was thinking of getting that exact same hood from them. you say $350?? i thought it was like 6 hundered something?

There are "deals" to be made at Carlisle. Another good reason to attend the show :).

** Bill **
1995 LSC-R'ed w/Recaro's and Cobra R's
Veteran of Carlisle 2000/01/02
[a href=//cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=258112]For Pic's and Mods click here[/a]

...Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself....

Back