Blacking out a base 97

outside18

Registered
hey guys, always liked how the lsc's were all black, and was wondering how much i can expect to pay to have the grill and side molding painted black also the chrome around the tailight on my 1997 base mark. have people done this? do more people like the chrome? all help and opinions are appreciated.

RE: Blacking out a base 97

Steve just can't wait for the archives to show up so he can go back to his beloved "DO A SEARCH".:+

He should still do a search.

Start with your brain and look at the responses that you got last time.

I just did it myself.Well I haven't done the grill yet but the trim is done.
So far I spent about 90 bucks at the paint supply store.
Here is what yo uwill need to do it yourself.
One can of adhesion promoter.One or two cans of flexible primer.And have them mix up the paint and put it into aresole cans.One pint makes three cans.And then a couple of cans of enamel clear.Oh and splurge on the good green tape.It sticks a lot better.One roll should be enough.
Tape off the top and bottom and just be sure to use multiple THIN coats.Otherwise it runs.
I think I did three coats of each,primer,paint, and clear.

Oh and be sure to clean it very thouroughly with an alcohol based cleaner.

I just got my blacked-out base 97 back from the bodyshop yesterday. To the observer (until you open the door or look at the tag on the diff) it is indistinguishable from an LSC. It looks sweet. I'll be putting pictures up soon.

Yeah for you Dave! Pics, we need pics, although it's less than a month til I get to see it in person! :)

I'll get pics up soon. It got rained on today :(. Then i got home and noticed another ding they missed :( :( (can't really blame them, it's not exactly obvious). So now i need to find a good paintless dent removal guy. Damn.

Back