AssassinVIIIor rendering (final edition)......

sleeper

Former LOD President
I like everything but the tail. i imagine your hood will look quite a bet better than the rendering. I can't really tell how that spoiler will look from that drawing. I think the third brake light does need to be a bit wider, and maybe follow the arc of the spoiler, it just looks too "normal" now, like it came off of a minivan or something. And i'd do something slightly different with the graphic on the trunk, and lose the chrome strip on top of the taillights.

Is that the color you're planning on? I would imagine it would look a lot better in person, with some reflectivity. And i like the style of the flames, that should look good, esp. if they're going to be "ghosted" in there.

And by my calculations (by eye), with the car THAT low, you'll need a bulge in the fender for the top of that huge wheel to fit in :).

Lookin good!

RE: AssassinVIIIor rendering (final edition)......

That's the Legendary hood, right? That should look awesome.

I think you can eliminate the chrome from the taillight and leave it on the front. i think you need it to set off the front, but i don't really like how it looks on the back, with it over the taillights but not across the back of the trunk. I think you either need to work it into the trunk graphics somehow, or smooth it out. That's the primary reason i'm unsure of how i like the shaved taillight... the way it flows together with the lights. The taillights seem a little out of place now without the center taillight. But with the right graphics back there it could look good.

Too bad it won't be done in time for Carlisle. That's one car i'd like to see in person.

You are going to have your self one wicked custom Mark VIII when it is all said and done.

Cool renderings and it's gonna be One Wicked Mark VIII for sure.

The car should lay on 18s with the right struts up front. The rear might need some reworking, but you should be able to get "close enough". There is a guy running 20s on a 93 Bird that is damn close if not actually laying, but I know he had to modify the rear fender openings.

Good luck.

Kale

I have heard that name thrown around a lot on Sportruck.com. I was kinda curious if you were going to run cylinders or bags, but I guess you're just gonna hand over the keys and tell them to "hook it up!"

I would have chosen that option too had it been available to me...

Kale

that nitrogen should be crazy fast man. It will be super fast, hoppin fast???

definetly man

do you have to have different valves to hold the high pressure, just parker valves, or the e.m. vavles will do?? Whats their website again?? www.ekstensivemetalworks.com doesnt work for me? neither doesn the link in a past post.

I'm sure he's gonna be running the Ekstensive valves (which I'm guessing are rebadged Parkers). The N2 will be regulated probably to something under 300 psi, and it will be MAAAD quick at that level. I plan on running something similiar, N2 at 150-200 with 1/2" valves and 5/8" lines. I would think that at that level, the rear would hop, and maybe even the front. It depends on how the system is plumbed. Too many 90s, Ts and Ys slows it down considerably.

I have been working on an extensive Fast Bag section, I have some really good valve info and downloads here:

http://www.lincolnmarkviii.org/suspension/solenoid_valves.htm

The latest craze of valves seems to be the ODE valves or the BlackMax Valves (I believe they are the same). But the Parkers, SMCz, and many others will work. The ODE and Black Max valves are GUARANTEED to 300psi. If you plan on running over 200 psi, then you should choose your valves wisely.

Kale

I think it looks great, Ray - but I'm trusting you that the shade of green won't be the same. :)

Link didn't work, but I did find this:

http://www.mark8.org/kale/images/color_chip.gif

I don't see how you're gonna get anywhere near that color with these two paints. I'm sure there are differences in how it looks on a monitor and how it looks in person, but it still looks a bit dark. Reghardless, I'll bet it will look awesome in person. I haven't seen too many candy paint jobs that look bad.

Kale

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking from the rendering. I would love to see it in person. Not my first choice of color, but it will definitely make a statement.

Kale

That thing is gonna be sweet. I bet you cant wait.

Back